PDA

View Full Version : Which division was the strongest this season

Chipper
03-31-2005, 07:08 AM
Just curious what the majority of all the team posters think. who was the strongest division in the league I was going to try to set up a poll but can't figure it out maybe someone can do this for me thanks in advance.

RocketMan
03-31-2005, 09:21 AM
Just curious what the majority of all the team posters think. who was the strongest division in the league I was going to try to set up a poll but can't figure it out maybe someone can do this for me thanks in advance.A poll? How does that prove anything?? Maybe we should just use a vote to decide the memorial cup champ as well.

There's only one way to tell with any kind of objectivity and that's on the ice and then comparing head-to-head records in inter-divisional play. It may not be perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than taking a poll.

In itself a poll may be interesting by gauging fan perceptions even though they maybe totally wrong or right. It does not prove anything.

BTW, what is your reason for starting this when you know where it will lead.

RocketMan
03-31-2005, 10:20 AM
Perhaps Beaner's thread on Best Team in CHL this year? (http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=1501) will help. Especially the reply
However, you can't really determine who the best team in the entire league without them playing interleague games on a regular basis.Seems no-one disagreed with that.

Chipper
03-31-2005, 02:44 PM
A poll? How does that prove anything?? Maybe we should just use a vote to decide the memorial cup champ as well.

There's only one way to tell with any kind of objectivity and that's on the ice and then comparing head-to-head records in inter-divisional play. It may not be perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than taking a poll.

In itself a poll may be interesting by gauging fan perceptions even though they maybe totally wrong or right. It does not prove anything.

BTW, what is your reason for starting this when you know where it will lead.
I was only asking the general public what THERE own personal opinion is and every one has an opinion! If you think its a waste of time DON'T POST ONE. I personaly believe that the Central div was the best overall divison and I am not changing my mind even with all your stats. To me they don't make any difference "PERSONAL OPINION! But it seems that I can't start a poll here anyway so it probably won't happen. Believe it or not not everyone thinks the way you do.

Furback
03-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Rocket man needs to get laid

The_Vulk
03-31-2005, 06:30 PM
Considering how close the Central Division was all year, with just 14 points separating the first place team and the fourth placed team.

Sure, the BC Division had two teams ranked in the final Top-Ten in the CHL, but the rest of the division was lacking.

Flathead
03-31-2005, 06:31 PM
In my opinion the strongest division this year would be the Central, the weakest in my opinion would be the east.
Bad day rocket man??? wow

fightstrap50
03-31-2005, 06:46 PM
I would also have to agree that the strongest division is the central. I think most teams dread going there on long road trips through the central.
Rocketman why do you insist that people cant have an opinion on anything without having a million reasons and stats to prove it? I wish you would stop posting here so I dont have to read your banter anymore, Chipper merely asked a question on other peoples opinions, so leave it be just that, A question, one that is answered with peoples thoughts and opinions and maybe, just maybe(and this will kill you) their GUT FEELINGS. GO ICE GO!!!

RocketMan
03-31-2005, 08:10 PM
Rocketman why do you insist that people cant have an opinion on anything without having a million reasons and stats to prove it?I didn't say that. I said that unsubstantiated opinions are not proof. It was once popular opinion that the earth was flat and that the sun orbited the earth. Everyone at one time believed those to be unassailable facts but they were only based on naive opinion. The only thing that changed their minds was indisputable, objective evidence. Unfortunately, there are still people who don't believe it. Even if you show them a picture. It's kinda like some of you ice fans regarding this topic. :laugh:
I wish you would stop posting here so I dont have to read your banter anymore, Chipper merely asked a question on other peoples opinions, so leave it be just that.Chipper created this thread right after he jumped into the conversation at another one http://www.whlfans.ca/showpost.php?p=10823&postcount=16 and posted:
...all I see is every body but you thinking that the central div is the overall strongest div in the league.It's pretty clear why he created this thread, but an appeal to popular belief is not evidence of anything, but popular belief. In the thread I refer to I made it clear in posts 6 and 12 that I don't wish to re-try this discussion and I was fine with someone having a different opinion, just don't expect me to believe it without backing it up. Unfortunately some ice fans can't help but continue it.

BTW, with regards to posting, I wish you'd stop posting here if you can't add anything, but personal insult. That's what closed the other thread on this topic.

RocketMan
03-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Considering how close the Central Division was all year, with just 14 points separating the first place team and the fourth placed team.I don't dispute that they had four closely matched teams, but that's not the topic.
Sure, the BC Division had two teams ranked in the final Top-Ten in the CHLTop two in the WHL by quite a margin
but the rest of the division was lacking.Tell that to the two top teams that aren't finding either Kamloops or Vancouver lacking one little bit.

RocketMan
03-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Bad day rocket man??? wowNo, actually a good day. I think to get the context of my initial post in this thread you'd have to read the other action-packed threads on this topic. BTW, does your handle refer to the river drainage in southeast BC (near Fernie & Elko).

RocketMan
03-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Rocket man needs to get laidI am always ready man. Just ask my girlfriend. ;)

Scout
03-31-2005, 09:03 PM
You want to talk hockey fine but when you start throwing insults at other posters then it isn't fine. If you don't like a poll then skip by it. If someone wants to post a poll then let the ones that want to participate do it, but trolling and bantering or goating other posters into stupid talk is uncalled for. The reason this forum was started was so a poster could post what they wished that was hockey related and would not be ridiculed like on other boards. I see no problem with a poll posted on here. If you don't like it then don't reply and move on. Enough is enough.

Scout

Furback
04-01-2005, 02:58 AM
you have a girl freind rocket man? whats his name.

C.F
04-01-2005, 02:59 AM
Rocket man needs to get laid
And you need to get banned.

Furback
04-01-2005, 03:11 AM
C. F why would you say somthing so crazy? Im a good upstanding poster who just wants the best for all man kind.

Flathead
04-02-2005, 09:51 AM
No, actually a good day. I think to get the context of my initial post in this thread you'd have to read the other action-packed threads on this topic. BTW, does your handle refer to the river drainage in southeast BC (near Fernie & Elko).

Rocketman, my handle used to be flatlander, someone thinking they were funny said i should be flathead, so that's what i am now. that's it, good luck !