PDA

View Full Version : Spokane vs.Tri (Game 2) ... 4-20-08

Pete76
04-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Game time 5:05 pm in Tri on Sunday afternoon ... will anyone score in regulation? will anyone score a powerplay goal? will anyone else get a game misconduct?

Rebelchild
04-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Just strictly from the Chiefs perspective - yes, yes and NO! :thumb: After last nights game maybe we should just pray that we can get it down to one OT and kind of ease our way into a regulation game! LOL I have to say - these nail biters! I know there were some things missing last night but anyone looking at a 1-0 score in double OT would be wondering what it was if they hadn't watched and/or listened to the game. So - I hope the boys get some rest today. I have already discussed with some of the TRI people that dear Johnny really needs to NOT pick on the big boys so ... Game 2 Sunday in TRI at 5P! GO CHIEFS! clrkth

Ams2Fan
04-20-2008, 05:27 AM
I have already discussed with some of the TRI people that dear Johnny really needs to NOT pick on the big boys so ...

:laugh: But if not Johnny, who else is going to be our Boogaard this year!?

dondo
04-21-2008, 02:21 PM
what the ... am I reading this right -- did game 2 go to a double OT as well with Tri getting the goal this time?

Holy mother of -- That's insane.. well nobody's padding their stats in these ones, except maybe the 'tenders.

All that hockey, I'm wondering if the teams are rolling lines or if one of them has been playing mainly three lines, cause if they have been they're going to be dog-tired by the time this one is over.

Let's hope for a bit more offense from here on in and maybe a regulation win :thumb: crazy stuff :spineyes:. Stiill doesn't look like either team were lacking in decent scoring chances either.

kaniksu
04-21-2008, 02:34 PM
what the ... am I reading this right -- did game 2 go to a double OT as well with Tri getting the goal this time?

Holy mother of -- That's insane.. well nobody's padding their stats in these ones, except maybe the 'tenders.

All that hockey, I'm wondering if the teams are rolling lines or if one of them has been playing mainly three lines, cause if they have been they're going to be dog-tired by the time this one is over.

Let's hope for a bit more offense from here on in and maybe a regulation win :thumb: crazy stuff :spineyes:. Stiill doesn't look like either team were lacking in decent scoring chances either.

Two very exciting games. Both teams have had a lot of scoring chances... including a few post dings in both games. Both teams have worked off some penalties as well. Spokane had a 5 min in game 1 and both teams had 5 on 3's in game 2.

dondo
04-21-2008, 02:38 PM
thanks for that..

as I said crazy ..

btw: is this series a 2-3-2 format or because of proximity have they gone back to a 2-2-1-1-1 format?

kaniksu
04-21-2008, 02:49 PM
thanks for that..

as I said crazy ..

btw: is this series a 2-3-2 format or because of proximity have they gone back to a 2-2-1-1-1 format?

It is 2-2-1-1-1, I believe the 2-3-2 was because of scheduling issues in Spokane for previous series. This series is 2-2-1-1-1 but games 2, 3, and 4 are all played back to back. So game 2 was Sunday in TC, game 3 and 4 in Spokane Monday and Tuesday.

Pete76
04-21-2008, 04:20 PM
I expect there will be multiple goals by both teams tonight ... when the tri arena is packed it only exaxperates their "ice" problem ... making it warmer in the building ... not to complain (its the same for both teams) ... but with a larger rink and faster ice, you will see somebody get a breakaway goal tonight ... I just hope it is not a shorthanded goal against the chiefs ... IMO some of the best scoring opportunities either team has had were shorthanded ... unless you count the assists Wahl tried to give to the Ams last night with 15 seconds left ... man, how tired are the goalies gonna be?

Congrats on game #2 Ams!

Stay-Puft
04-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I did notice last night that both teams were rolling 4 lines in the 1st OT. After these last two games, my fingernails are about gone but its been some great hockey to watch. Big hits, big defensive plays and few pucks bouncing over sticks with an open net. Here's to both teams on the 1st two games applause .

kaniksu
04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
I expect there will be multiple goals by both teams tonight ... when the tri arena is packed it only exaxperates their "ice" problem ... making it warmer in the building ... not to complain (its the same for both teams) ... but with a larger rink and faster ice, you will see somebody get a breakaway goal tonight ...

Have you ever skated on the ice in Tri-Cities? I have btw...

If what you said is true and it affected both teams as you said.... then wouldn't breakaways still be possible? Just a hell of a lot slower? lol

Rebelchild
04-21-2008, 07:36 PM
The announcers last night, both nights actually, kept talking about the condition of the ice. Normally TRIs barn is so flipping cold I take a blanket to sit on, one to put over me and my thermals! I suppose if the ice conditions are not good it can be bad for both teams. However, TRI has great food!

dondo
04-22-2008, 12:10 AM
a regulation win and another shutout tonight ... this is a very odd series. I wonder if either team will get to a game 7 having not scored in games they've lost?

When I was talking about Spokane during the Giants series and I was saying that the first goal for Spokane was important -- I didn't expect in this series that the first goal for the first two games would be the only goal (in double OT yet), and now Spokane scores the only two goals the first game in their home barn.

Must be pretty taxing for the boys, having games 2,3,4 back to back to back. Hopefully the two squads don't tire each other out to a point being fodder for whoever comes out of the Eastern Conference. I personally think that both Tri and Spokane are stronger teams than either the 'Canes or the Hitmen.

Crazy stuff -- I'll keep touch with the scores, this is a series to keep tabs on.

chiefaholic
04-22-2008, 06:43 AM
a regulation win and another shutout tonight ... this is a very odd series. I wonder if either team will get to a game 7 having not scored in games they've lost?

When I was talking about Spokane during the Giants series and I was saying that the first goal for Spokane was important -- I didn't expect in this series that the first goal for the first two games would be the only goal (in double OT yet), and now Spokane scores the only two goals the first game in their home barn.

Must be pretty taxing for the boys, having games 2,3,4 back to back to back. Hopefully the two squads don't tire each other out to a point being fodder for whoever comes out of the Eastern Conference. I personally think that both Tri and Spokane are stronger teams than either the 'Canes or the Hitmen.

Crazy stuff -- I'll keep touch with the scores, this is a series to keep tabs on.

No kidding. I wasn't expecting the 1st goal to be THE only goal in those 1st two games. It's crazy to think that these were two of the top scoring teams in the league all season , and now they are shutting each other out every night so far. I Think having a big gap between games 4 & 5 will help alieviate some of fatigue(I hope). Would be unfortunate if one of these two teams was too worn out to compete in the finals. I'm with ya that Tri and Spoke are likely stronger teams than the Canes and hitties. I still think whoever Comes out of the west has a good shot at going to Kitchner. vci22

Pete76
04-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Have you ever skated on the ice in Tri-Cities? I have btw...

If what you said is true and it affected both teams as you said.... then wouldn't breakaways still be possible? Just a hell of a lot slower? lol

nope, never skated on it ... but having run track I will assume it is the same ... on a fast surface (yes, some tracks are faster) ... the faster guys create more separation, on a slower track, the faster guys still win, just less separation ...

the only games I have seen in Tri were playoff games, so that I have no idea how the ice is for regular season games ... but if I am blowing smoke, pls let me know ... not to be an ass, but have you skated it when it was a packed house (b/c it sure looks wet and slow).

tigerfan
04-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Watched the game last night on Webb tv and thought Spokane dominated. If it wasn't for American goaltender Picard score could have been much higher.
Picard stopped some quality scoring chances. Americans looked like a defeated team in the dying minutes. Yellowhorn never had a good game either. If the Americans want to win their better players better show up.
Spokane's defence also played well keeping Americans to the outside and also blocking shots.

kaniksu
04-22-2008, 10:06 PM
nope, never skated on it ... but having run track I will assume it is the same ... on a fast surface (yes, some tracks are faster) ... the faster guys create more separation, on a slower track, the faster guys still win, just less separation ...

the only games I have seen in Tri were playoff games, so that I have no idea how the ice is for regular season games ... but if I am blowing smoke, pls let me know ... not to be an ass, but have you skated it when it was a packed house (b/c it sure looks wet and slow).

No I haven't. I've definitely skated on rinks that were much much worse then Tri-Cities. I've never been on Spokanes new rink but I imagine it is a much better system then what we have. :) Well maybe not your scoreboards though... did they catch fire? What happened the other night? Our new scoreboards are HORRIBLE. I don't know what they paid for them but they got ripped off.

Watched the game last night on Webb tv and thought Spokane dominated. If it wasn't for American goaltender Picard score could have been much higher.

Ok... I don't know if you are just misspelling it or pronouncing it wrong but its Pickard.

The Spokane announcers on the TV broadcast kept pronouncing it picARD. (think of captain picard on star trek) it was sooooo annoying. I swear those guys are morons. They did it last year when I watched a tv broadcast, totally butchering one of our players last names. I think it was Taylor Procyshen, they kept saying presession or something to that effect. They even interviewing him in the intermission and then third period back to pronouncing it wrong.

Ams4life
04-23-2008, 12:47 AM
ANOTHER AMAZING GAME TONIGHT!!! How fitting is all these shutouts, one goal games, and overtimes!!! We said it was going to be a battle of EPIC porportions and it has not dissapointed. I really have to say the AMS need to pick up their play or it it not looking good! The goalies are completely amazing and its been a great series. I just wanted to say that it was weird seeing the firemen up in the rafters in your barn the other night. Oh yea and our big screens SUCK!!! They are very unclear and weren't we supposed to have instant replay by now? GO AMS GO

kaniksu
04-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Oh yea and our big screens SUCK!!! They are very unclear and weren't we supposed to have instant replay by now? GO AMS GO

We were supposed to have instant reply a long time ago... all they are used for is advertising. They barely work. The other night they had lines all down them horizontally and kept blacking out.