PDA

View Full Version : Felde Signs Pro Contract

Scout
04-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Felde Signs Pro Contract
The Swift Current Broncos announced that overage forward Erik Felde has signed a pro contract with the Texas Wildcatters of the ECHL.

Felde made his pro debut Friday night, listed as a defenseman, one of five in the Wildcatters lineup. He had an even +/- rating with no points, shots or penalties in a 4-2 loss to the Columbia Inferno.

Felde, 20, has spent the last two seasons in the WHL, playing 2006-07 with the Tri-City Americans and most of the 2007-08 season with the Broncos. Felde recorded 25 goals, 32 assists, 57 points and 38 penalty minutes in 72 games this season and totalled 109 points (49 G, 60 A) in 144 WHL games played.

The Texas Wildcatters official website is www.wildcattershockey.com

For more information contact:

Dean Chynoweth, GM/Head Coach 773-1509, Ext. 8
Tracy Lemon, Public/Media Relations Director 773-1509, Ext. 9

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
04-21-2008, 03:29 PM
And just as quickly as he was signed, he's been released!

http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic.cgi?action=show_news&cat=1&id=15079

As a side note, funny to see David Schultz on the Wildcatters. How does he keep a job, but Felde gets cut?

Toswammi
04-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Ouch thats rough

ointhecreek
04-21-2008, 06:45 PM
As a side note, funny to see David Schultz on the Wildcatters. How does he keep a job, but Felde gets cut?
Just goes to show what a second rate league it is.

Scout
04-21-2008, 07:14 PM
I also noticed Felde was listed as a defenceman?

Scout

ointhecreek
04-21-2008, 09:12 PM
I also noticed that another D-man returned from the AHL which might explain Felde's release.

Big Ern
04-23-2008, 06:45 AM
And just as quickly as he was signed, he's been released!

http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic.cgi?action=show_news&cat=1&id=15079

That link leads to an ECHL page where they list Felde's release, but it must be a mistake or a misconception on the part of the website administrator.

I got a message this morning confirming that Erik has in fact NOT been released by the Wildcatters.

Congrats to Felds and best of luck!!

Ams4life
04-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Good luck to him! He was a great asset to our team when he played here and his speed was amazing! He has a lot of potential i believe!

CrazyGeorge
04-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Big Ern must have big time connections to get a message like that. Was it Rod Pederson or some other "buddies" he may have in the media world? Regarding your prediction of Lethbridge/Calgary going to 6 or 7 games, still sticking by that at a 3 - 0 series lead for the Hurricanes?

Scout
04-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Big Ern would have went right to the source. Him and Felde are friends.

Scout

ointhecreek
04-23-2008, 03:53 PM
I just find it strange that it would be on the web site for so long if it is a mistake. Surely someone on the team would notice it.

nivek_wahs
04-23-2008, 04:42 PM
This is weird... If you are to click on this link -> http://echl.leaguestat.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=skaters&subType=18&season_id=8&&leagueId=1&lastActive=&singleSeason= and look at the player stats for the playoffs Felde has a red X beside his name. If you move your cursor over the red X is says "Not active with this team"

CrazyGeorge
04-23-2008, 05:54 PM
You have to remember that Big Ern is "GM in waiting" eh? The connections this guy has makes a guy wonder he just doesnt take over the team...

ointhecreek
04-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Hmmmm. Curiouser and curiouser. :confused: ;)

Scout
04-24-2008, 08:04 AM
I realize there is alot of confusion on Eric's situation with the Texas Wildcatters so i did some inquiries and received an e-mail on his status. Eric is still with the Wildcatters but was released sort of. He was called up on what they call " an emergency call-up ". The maximum on this call-up is usually two games. He played one game and then was released. Activation does not occur again until they need him but he is still with the Wildcatters. This is how the contracts work on emergency call-ups but he most definetly is still with the team and was not sent home.

Scout

Teddy_B
04-24-2008, 09:11 AM
I realize there is alot of confusion on Eric's situation with the Texas Wildcatters so i did some inquiries and received an e-mail on his status. Eric is still with the Wildcatters but was released sort of. He was called up on what they call " an emergency call-up ". The maximum on this call-up is usually two games. He played one game and then was released. Activation does not occur again until they need him but he is still with the Wildcatters. This is how the contracts work on emergency call-ups but he most definetly is still with the team and was not sent home.

Scout

Great investigative work Scout

Toswammi
04-24-2008, 09:36 AM
You have to remember that Big Ern is "GM in waiting" eh? The connections this guy has makes a guy wonder he just doesnt take over the team...

I like to joke that Ern is the new Eklund

Scout
04-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Big Ern has more contacts within this team than i think all of us put together. The guy bleeds Bronco hockey and has been good friends with alot of the players and even the traded players still keep in contact with Ern. Heck Big Ern texted Rod Pederson one time and Rod said high to Big Ern while he was doing the Pats game. The guy has alot of contacts and i've learned what he posts are factual and usually right from the source.

Scout

ointhecreek
04-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Sounds like you have a crush on him Scout, lol. What is this, a praise Big Ern post? Give me a break. I won't get into it, thats not what this board is for.