PDA

View Full Version : Spokane vs Tri Game 4 - 042208

dondo
04-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Looks like Spokane was either kept away from the net or just weren't fighting hard enough on the night. After out shooting the Ams for game 1-3 they only managed 20 shots on Pickard.

Another game going to extra frames. Its now a best of three with home-ice advantage not really being a factor.

In the East the Hurricanes are beating up on the Hitmen mercilessly. Could easily be a sweep if the Hitmen don't find a way to score , but mostly keep it out of their own net.

Thoughts on the game?

LinkGaetzFan
04-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Chiefs were outworked, outskated, and at times were just plain lazy IMO (2 goals in ~20 seconds at the end of the 1st period for Tri). It seemed like a role reversal from the night before, but with more mistakes. We got lucky a few times as they hit the post and couldn't connect on some nice plays. Tri was able to come out hitting and their forecheck was great, as we could hardly get out of our own zone much of the game. It really suprised me because we play 4 lines and 6 D-men, and Tri only looks to have 3 lines and 4 D-men. Being the 4th game in 5 nights I figured our depth would have given us the advantage in game 4, but that wasn't the case.

On to game 5! vc119

Ams4life
04-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Expect more of the same play style on Saturday night! I think the boys finally found there groove again. This happend earlier in the year when the went thrrough a bit of a mini slump and where playing like they had been playing recently with little emotion and not making the hits or forechecking. Then they broke out of it all the sudden and went on a 8 game win streak and played great. I think we are gunning for you now.

aaAlta
04-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Ams4life, good optimistic attitude. I'm a tri fan too, but I dont think theres been any major shifts in play. It can look that way sometimes, if one team is holding even the slightest edge, when we're talking a game of split seconds and inches. And then theres lucky breaks in play too. Tri's been managing better as it goes on. But over the first few Spoke was playing like it was coming, while Tri seemed to be working to manage, looking for a break. The last game both teams had to be gassed, but tri built a few more shots; and posted the win on a miscue. Its so tight the odd miscue can be a factor in this one. But with both teams back at it rested and regrouped I expect it to remain very close night to night. Thats not to say that either team couldnt go a couple straight now. I just expect the games to be the kind that can go either way.

Rebelchild
04-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Thank you! Here's to the next three games which my Chiefs will NOT give up easily, not without a fight, whether the AMs won the last one or not.! :groovy: I always expected a full 7 games and you can't get to 7 without both teams suffering some losses.

LinkGaetzFan
04-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Last 3 games are televised on Comcast. Time to find a bar with Comcast! pbj

Ams4life
04-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Its going to be interesting from here on out. I am extremely excited for tonights game and I think that whoever scores first will win the game and whoever wins this game will win the series! So it all pretty much comes down that first goal in my opinion. I have been reading the Lethbridge thread and it seems to me that they just don't get what kind of caliber teams we have. One person said that we had so many points because we played Portland so much...Did they not realize that the two top teams played eachother 12 times this year?!?! Anyways...GO AMS GO

Bocephus
04-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Its going to be interesting from here on out. I am extremely excited for tonights game and I think that whoever scores first will win the game and whoever wins this game will win the series! So it all pretty much comes down that first goal in my opinion. I have been reading the Lethbridge thread and it seems to me that they just don't get what kind of caliber teams we have. One person said that we had so many points because we played Portland so much...Did they not realize that the two top teams played eachother 12 times this year?!?! Anyways...GO AMS GO
The only reason Spokane is any good is because their coach is from Lethbridge and the only reason the Tri-cities are any good is because of Lethbridge product Colton Yellow Horn.
We will end the post season with 12 straight wins. You punks and chumps. Shameful behaviour of you two the way you piled it on against Portland this year. Karma will come back to bit you.

The preceding comment should not be taken seriously and was intended for comical purposes only, cheers. haha

Now, get your series over with so we can get on with the Final. Let the games be played and see how it unfolds. The three remaining teams will represent the dub well whoever heads to Kitchener. I am sure the US fans can agree with us Canes fans when we say our teams have given us a hell of a season to this point. applause

Rebelchild
04-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Don't think that I can agree with AMs4 here but we agree to disagree a lot! LOL. I still think that this is going to go the full 7. The boys are ready - mentally and physically - and I think that they are very focused right now. I might be willing to conceed that winning this game might be a huge MENTAL edge. But like coach said - we were here with Vancouver. This is not a new situation for the boys and they know what it will take to get past it. I kinda like the idea that the coach gave the boys the option to pick what they felt they needed most - ice time or off time - and then they went with it. I am so excited I hardly know what to say. I can tell you one thing - at this point - 7:30P is way to far away!

LHF
04-26-2008, 02:43 PM
It seems it's been a long time since there has been a game in the dub. Good luck Spokane... clrkthj

Ams2Fan
04-26-2008, 03:05 PM
The only reason Spokane is any good is because their coach is from Lethbridge and the only reason the Tri-cities are any good is because of Lethbridge product Colton Yellow Horn.

:laugh: You got us there!

Rebelchild
04-26-2008, 04:13 PM
...some of the more unknown little trivia like that? Some of the connections that there are between the teams and the players? Like Sexsmith billets with Rudy's mom. The friendship between Judders and Yellow. The fact that Spokane was instrumental in keeping TRI here so that we coild have one of the greatest playoffs ever?! :clap: This has been a great year. These last three games are going to be real nail biters for all of us. But, is it 7:30P yet?!!! GO CHIEFS!