PDA

View Full Version : goaltending weak

dubnut
04-23-2008, 11:41 PM
I heard Kelly Kisio admit his goaltending wasn't as strong as he would like going into the play offs but that his offense and defense would carry him through and he wasn't worried. Looks like he should have been a little more concerned and maybe made a goalie trade at the trade deadline. With an upgrade in goaltending you would have had a pretty good chance...but as it is it was your achilles heel. If you don't have goaltending you are not going to win the championship. Period. Kisio should have known that and shored up his netminders. There were plenty of good goaltenders around this year. I'm sure with his roster of stars he could have parted with one in exchange for a top ten goaltender and never looked back.

Too bad. You had a good year in the regular season.

Hitmen1
04-24-2008, 09:35 AM
It is too bad the goaltending wasn't better. They were lucky that they had better finish than the SC otherwise they wouldn't have gotten to round 3. I do think that the Canes were in the heads of the Hitmen though. They just had the Hitmen's number this year, never the less, a great season for the Hitmen.

armypower
04-26-2008, 11:23 AM
yes, the goaltending wasn't great all year,too inconsistent..
Figured Kisio would have done something at the deadline but
it wasn't to be...As for next season, I really doubt they will
keep Spence as a 20yr old.....That was another problem, we
had 2 20yr old's in Gillen and Spence that was really a waste..
Plus no decent Europeans....All in all, a good season but came
up short again..

armypower
04-26-2008, 11:24 AM
I meant Gillen and Mercer,,,,,,,,,,,