PDA

View Full Version : Trade proposal CGY-SC

Bugsy
04-24-2008, 04:54 PM
They do this all the time on HFBoards, so I don't see why we can't do it here.

CGY trades:
Dan Spence
2nd round pick

to Swift Current for:
Travis Yonkman

What do you think?

:D

d-man
04-24-2008, 06:53 PM
They do this all the time on HFBoards, so I don't see why we can't do it here.

CGY trades:
Dan Spence
2nd round pick

to Swift Current for:
Travis Yonkman

What do you think?

:D
Make it Postma and the 2nd rounder for Yonks and there might be something to talk about.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
04-24-2008, 09:48 PM
You guys must be lookin for next year cause SPENCE - YONKMAN who the frig ever...........they are all golfin thanks to ............................ JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA haha

ointhecreek
04-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Why in the world would we trade a game breaking goaltender for an average at best goaltender? Not even close even with a second round pick.

hobster
04-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Mcmillan and Spence for Yonkman and a second round pick is fair

Broncs in RD
04-24-2008, 11:43 PM
To Calgary
4th round, Yonkman, McAvoy and prospect Mcauley

To Swift Current
2nd round pick, Micheal Stone and Schultz

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
04-25-2008, 01:12 AM
The original proposal doesnt make sense for SC, especially since Guggenberger is probably good for a starting job. Infact, the same can be said for Jones, but this is all just hypothetical, of course.

And even though Yonkman came up big in the playoffs, he isnt worth a 2nd round pick. Very good OAs are worth a 3rd at best. Yonkman is probably good for a 4th though, as it has alot to do with the fact that he only has 1 year left of eligibility.

Postma and a 2nd for Yonkman! Thats funny!

To Calgary
4th round, Yonkman, McAvoy and prospect Mcauley

To Swift Current
2nd round pick, Micheal Stone and SchultzCalgary would never do that. Stone and Schultz are their top young players...their future. Trading them for 2 one year players(one might not even crack a 20 spot on SC), a middle prospect, and a 4th is a huge ripoff for Calgary.

Mcmillan and Spence for Yonkman and a second round pick is fairSC already has too many 20 year olds, adding a second wouldnt help things.

How about this from a non-bias party? (sorry, its in the fans nature, even if they try not to be bias...see my Deck-starkov proposal as example.)

To Calgary: Yonkman, 5th pick
To SC: Seabrook, 3rd pick

Not an exciting proposal, but seems fair. Calgary gets an upgrade in net for a team that can now probably compete again if goaltending is solid...and SC gets some much-needed support from Seabrook, who brings leadership, and a decent all around game that could be key this year for a very young D.

The picks would even it out the value. Basically its Yonkman for a 3rd (SC gets more), and Seabrook for a 5th(Calgary gets more)...combined its fair though.

peatfan
04-25-2008, 09:13 AM
I like SAJ proposal the best. Seems fair to both sides. Probably have to include a cavaet to include that both players return as overage.
Postma proposal was probably the funniest folew by the Schultz/Stone. Why not we throw in Kozun too. Like the song goes "No chance ion Hell"
Not even a week old and we are talking trades. Gotta love it.
clrkth Boogaard'd vc178 Boogaard'd vci33 Boogaard'd :mad:

SectionNDeserter
04-25-2008, 05:08 PM
How about this from a non-bias party? (sorry, its in the fans nature, even if they try not to be bias...see my Deck-starkov proposal as example.)

To SC: Seabrook, 3rd pickBoth players are overage next season, and both respective teams have (at least) 8 players listed that are poised to become overage players next season. Would be a good trade that would benefit both teams, though it would do nothing to correct their overage situation.

Bugsy
04-25-2008, 07:44 PM
You guys must be lookin for next year cause SPENCE - YONKMAN who the frig ever...........they are all golfin thanks to ............................ JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA haha

Ow, that wasn't nice. ;) It looks like people aren't liking the idea. Just remember, Spence was a second-team allstar in the East. Yeah, really.

Bocephus
04-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Ow, that wasn't nice. ;) It looks like people aren't liking the idea. Just remember, Spence was a second-team allstar in the East. Yeah, really.
To Rowat. I can't decide which is funnier.
More proof the Hitmen are the golden franchise!

Tidball
04-25-2008, 08:57 PM
The original proposal doesnt make sense for SC, especially since Guggenberger is probably good for a starting job. Infact, the same can be said for Jones, but this is all just hypothetical, of course.

And even though Yonkman came up big in the playoffs, he isnt worth a 2nd round pick. Very good OAs are worth a 3rd at best. Yonkman is probably good for a 4th though, as it has alot to do with the fact that he only has 1 year left of eligibility..

Didnt the Blades trade Rabbit (OA) for Vancouvers 2nd rounder?

AlanC
04-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Didnt the Blades trade Rabbit (OA) for Vancouvers 2nd rounder?

Yep, and not just a 2nd rounder, Saskatoon got Kenton Dulle too. And not only that, it was for only a half-season of Rabbit since he didn't come back from the AHL until the trade deadline.

But on the flip side, you also have to consider that the team making the deal, Vancouver, was guaranteed in the Memorial Cup and were quite prepared to overpay for players as a result. Most teams would probably not have given up quite that much for a half-season of Rabbit, as good as he was.

canes77
04-26-2008, 12:36 AM
I cant see SC getting rid of Yonkman, he's one of the best in the East Conf...the only reason being if SC expects a rebuilding year next season

And I cant see any team trading for Spence...not even the teams with horrible mgmt, I wont name names :)

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
04-26-2008, 03:20 AM
Both players are overage next season, and both respective teams have (at least) 8 players listed that are poised to become overage players next season. Would be a good trade that would benefit both teams, though it would do nothing to correct their overage situation.

Thats what more trades are for!

When you take out the players going to pros (Alzner, Galiardi, White...and Nelson, Dudas, and maybe Smith), and the players that probably arent in the running for a spot(Spence...Stieler, and McAvoy), that greatly reduces that problem.

Each will have around 4 or so, and trading one of those extra guys off shouldnt be that difficult.

SectionNDeserter
04-26-2008, 07:11 AM
When you take out the players going to pros (Alzner, Galiardi, White...and Nelson, Dudas, and maybe Smith)Those players all have the potential to play pro next year, but until they are all signed by the NHL team that holds their rights, and their NHL team assigns them to the AHL, there is a chance that all or some of them will return to Junior. I suspect that both teams will have at least 5 or 6 overage players to deal with next season. I think that this was the year for both of these teams to win a championship (probably more so Calgary), if they were going to win one, and they are going to have a very different team next season. I would be more inclined to think that experienced players like these would end up somewhere like Kelowna or Spokane, that should have a very strong team next season.

Bugsy
04-28-2008, 08:48 PM
To SC: Seabrook, 3rd pick

DONE!!!

Scout
05-02-2008, 08:19 AM
I have had requests from posters to add a new forum for trade proposals. We have done that and added a new forum under Community Forums. It is shown as Scouts Trade Forum but i will get it changed to Whl Trade Proposal Forum. Please direct all trade proposals to this **NEW** Forum.

Scout