PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Hiring?

Scout
04-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Looks like Tracey Lemon has resigned her position. Can anyone confirm this?

Swift Current Broncos Job Opportunity

The Swift Current Broncos Hockey Club is seeking an individual for the position of Public Relations Director.

The successful applicant will be part of the Swift Current Broncos Marketing Team and will report directly to the Assistant General Manager/Director of Operations.

Responsibilities of this position include:

- Public, media, and community relations.
- Execution of marketing/sales/promotional initiatives.
- Game night responsibilities.
- Corporate Sponsorship sales duties as determined by the Director of Operations and Director of Marketing.
- Co-ordination of Fundraising Projects

The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:

- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer technology for general day to day duties.
- Ability to work in a team setting in a high paced industry
- Energy and creativity.
- Outgoing personality.

Please submit a resume outlining your skills and qualifications to:

Elden Moberg
Assistant General Manager/Director of Operations

Swift Current Broncos
Box 2345
Swift Current, SK
S9H 4X6
Fax: (306) 773-5406
E-mail: emoberg@sasktel.net

Resumes will be accepted until Friday, May 2, 2008.

ointhecreek
04-24-2008, 10:00 PM
With Trent Zoolander leaving the Eagle I'm wondering if he doesn't show up there?

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
04-24-2008, 10:15 PM
I doubt it. I heard Zoolander this week on the country station, sounds like he's just switched gigs.

Any other rumored names? Who will be able to deal with the wrath and pressure of the WHLFANS community?

stick boy
04-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Yes Tracy has resigned. Can't blame her it sounds like a bit of a thankless job.

I will not apply I couldn't take the frequent heckling from the media and whlfans!

Toswammi
04-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Seems like they have this opening every year at this time. Not an easy job, i can tell you that much.

ointhecreek
04-25-2008, 08:51 AM
I doubt it. I heard Zoolander this week on the country station, sounds like he's just switched gigs.

Any other rumored names? Who will be able to deal with the wrath and pressure of the WHLFANS community?
Yeh, it was just a guess on my part. I heard him say it was his last day at the Eagle and I don't listen to country(except the famous Trading Post) so never heard him there. Kind of funny though, he's never struck me as a country music type. :laugh:

Son of a Preacher Man
04-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Tracy will be missed. She did an awesome job and i wish her the best on whatever she does. Your right, this job does seem to come up every year. Since 2004 this will be the fourth time this position came up. I don't know if we are a training ground for the bigger clubs or why so many leave after a year or two. I agree it probably is a thankless job. Maybe they burn out and if thats so then they need help with the job. I realize we can't compete wage wise with the bigger clubs but there must be something that can be done so we can keep our office people. Maybe a few perks at the end of the year or during the season. Don't know. I see Zimmerman is still with Red Deer and Boutilier is still with Saskatoon. Tracy, not sure where she will go. We also lost two marketing guys since 2005 and neither is in hockey anymore. Lets hope Jordan doesn't leave. He also does a get job and should be thanked by both the fans and management. Both jobs require alot of overtime and i for one don't think i could do it. Wonder if other clubs have the same problem.

Scout
05-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Curious if anyone has heard how the job search is going to replace Tracy. I would think interviews are on going and there should be an announcement soon. Any rumblings on who it might be?

Scout

Toswammi
05-14-2008, 08:04 AM
We could know as early as today, or in the next few days. Done the interviews last week as far as i know.