PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Win In Double Ot!!!!!

Rebelchild
04-27-2008, 12:24 AM
:clap: JUDDERS!!! makes the game winner. Both he and Drayson had 2 points for the night. Couldn't ask for a better scenario going into Mondays' game. Wow - anyone else think that we are getting two games for the price of one here! A little time on the oxygen masks and the guys will be good to go! :groovy: GO CHIEFS!!!!

LifelongChiefsFan
04-27-2008, 12:38 AM
:clap: JUDDERS!!! makes the game winner. Both he and Drayson had 2 points for the night. Couldn't ask for a better scenario going into Mondays' game. Wow - anyone else think that we are getting two games for the price of one here! A little time on the oxygen masks and the guys will be good to go! :groovy: GO CHIEFS!!!!

Maybe not 2 for 1 but I'd definitely say we've gotten 7 for the price of 5 so far! What a win tonight. Listening to this game damn near killed me. Especially after the Americans tied it late in the third and were pressing early on in the OT. Not to mention the PP they had with 4 minutes left in the game where everyone thought they had scored.

It sounded like the Chiefs were resilient like they've been all season. Not watching it, I can't say for sure, but I have a feeling props to Bill Peters are in order. To have his team get out shot 16-3 in the first and have them play the way they did the rest of the game is incredible. Tokarski was also huge keeping the Chiefs in the game through 20. Also, for those who saw it, I'm curious if the Blackwater hit on Hoff was as bad as West made it sound on the Ams broadcast. He didn't complain about it, but he did mention he thought it should have been called a penalty (charging), so I'm interested to hear other people's opinions on that hit.

The Chiefs definitely earned a day off tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the Chiefs putting it all on the ice. Hopefully we get a large crowd for Monday, but no matter the size the crowd should be electric, and although that doesn't win games it really does help. Here's to the Chiefs putting the Ams away in front of the home crowd (and not having to go back down to Kennewick)! :thumb:

Chief Jeff
04-27-2008, 01:05 AM
The hit on Hoff was borderline from what I could see from the incredible camera work. He did take more than one stride and it looked like he did get airborne. Just goes to show you... Don't put your head down.

Pete76
04-27-2008, 02:09 AM
the tv broadcasters from tri felt that the hit was clean ... but man was that a hit ... chiefs should have ended it at the end of OT number one ... hope the boyz bring the same work ethic from OT to the first three periods of the next game ...

tigerfan
04-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Watched game on the webb last night and it was a nail biter. Good goal to win it in double overtime, a lot better than a deflection.
Tokarski had a good game last night and redeemed himself for game four. On the no goal in the dieing minutes the annoucers thought it was in too.
I watched the hit seven or eight times but on the replay it looked clean but you couldn't see if he left his feet due to the fact the camera work showed them from the waist up on the contact. I thought the camera work for the game in Tri was terrible last night as they couldn't keep up with the play.
Tri owned the first period and the Chiefs came back to win the second. The third period they sat on their heels a bit protecting the lead and when a team does that especially against a good team like Tri it usually ends up tied.
I also thought the annoucers for the game last night were very good and not homers like a lot of the webb casts. Also last but not least, most on this board on discussions conduct themselves very well and should be commended for it. Great fans for both teams.

dondo
04-27-2008, 07:04 PM
what is it with these two teams and double OT? :thumb:

Sounds like a more exciting double OT decision and once again the concept of home-ice advantage just doesn't exist in this series.

Will the Chiefs lock it up tomorrow night at home or will the Ams come back to force a game seven in the Tri-City arena? Crazy series.

Stay-Puft
04-28-2008, 12:09 PM
My thought was that it should have been a penalty only on the basis that he left his feet. Other than that it was a good, hard hit and Hoff had his head down to make it worse.

That was one hell of a shot by Blackwater to win it. All I saw when he shot it was a big snowball hitting the water bottle off the net. Hopefully the Ams will pull one out and force a game 7.

Don't know if it translated onto TV, but the ice was absolutely brutal. Down in our end you could see puddles all throughout the game in the corners and it seemed to get worse in OT.