PDA

View Full Version : Game 7 (spoke V. Tri)

Pete76
04-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah Baby! The game was a lot closer than the score, but after game 6 it is awesome to see them come back.

LifelongChiefsFan
04-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah Baby! The game was a lot closer than the score, but after game 6 it is awesome to see them come back.

I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life as I was after Blackwater scored to put the Chiefs up 2-1, hoping they would close it out.

Although the score doesn't show it, this was an excellent game, a fitting end to one of the best, most intense series I've ever experienced. I know it won't make Ams fans feel any better, but they played an incredible season for a team that was supposed to do nothing this year. It's been a fun ride.

As for the Chiefs, well words cannot express how proud I am of this team!

Go Chiefs Go!

LinkGaetzFan
04-29-2008, 11:38 PM
WOOOHOOOO! yeehoo

canes77
04-30-2008, 03:45 AM
Congrats to the Spokane Chiefs, that was one hell of a Conference Final...unlike the one out East!

Good luck in the WHL Final, although I hope you win no more than 3 games :)

HomerSimpson
04-30-2008, 09:23 AM
I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life as I was after Blackwater scored to put the Chiefs up 2-1, hoping they would close it out.

Although the score doesn't show it, this was an excellent game, a fitting end to one of the best, most intense series I've ever experienced. I know it won't make Ams fans feel any better, but they played an incredible season for a team that was supposed to do nothing this year. It's been a fun ride.

As for the Chiefs, well words cannot express how proud I am of this team!

Go Chiefs Go!

Couldn't have said that any better myself. They have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of; that team was picked by many to finish at the bottom of the league. Sure made for some exciting hockey this year!

tigerfan
04-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Probably go down as one of the closest finals ever. Tri controlled the first two periods and Chiefs came out in the third. Both goalies played fantastic.
Now on to Lethbridge and will have to go and watch the games down there, better than webb broadcasts. Bought ten tickets so guess the Chiefs will have ten more fans from the Hat. Good luck.

chiefaholic
04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Probably go down as one of the closest finals ever. Tri controlled the first two periods and Chiefs came out in the third. Both goalies played fantastic.
Now on to Lethbridge and will have to go and watch the games down there, better than webb broadcasts. Bought ten tickets so guess the Chiefs will have ten more fans from the Hat. Good luck.

Thanx for the support Tigerfan, it's much apprieciated. Cheer loud for us Chiefs fans that can't make the 8 hour drive on a work day :rolleyes:

dondo
04-30-2008, 07:48 PM
what? a regulation win? -- how uneventful :thumb: :laugh:

Congrats Chiefs.. still rooting for you guys in the WHL final .. part of that is wanting the team which put my guys out to go all the way and the other part being that the Chiefs are a classy deep team who have earned the right to represent the WHL.

That said, the Hurricanes who have been predicted to go out in every series, have stepped it up and played very solid hockey. After watching the Hitmen Broncos series it surprised me how easily the 'canes shut down and dismantled the Calgary squad with smart responsible play. Metsola is better than I thought he was and the Final looks to be a tough series for both squads.

One thing's for sure though, the fans are going to be treated to some great hockey.

Bocephus
04-30-2008, 07:57 PM
what? a regulation win? -- how uneventful :thumb: :laugh:

Congrats Chiefs.. still rooting for you guys in the WHL final .. part of that is wanting the team which put my guys out to go all the way and the other part being that the Chiefs are a classy deep team who have earned the right to represent the WHL.

That said, the Hurricanes who have been predicted to go out in every series, have stepped it up and played very solid hockey. After watching the Hitmen Broncos series it surprised me how easily the 'canes shut down and dismantled the Calgary squad with smart responsible play. Metsola is better than I thought he was and the Final looks to be a tough series for both squads.

One thing's for sure though, the fans are going to be treated to some great hockey.
Wow, Is that some respect coming the Hurricanes direction? About time. I hope they don't disappoint you now dondo. Hopefully whatever happens from the final the WHL fans will finally give it up for the Hurricanes. cheers.

dondo
04-30-2008, 08:27 PM
there's always been respect .. have I ever dissed the 'Canes?

Nope.

But I have said that you guys will be in tough from either the Ams or Chiefs and I don't change my tune. I think the 'canes will have all they can handle and more with the Chiefs.

Bocephus
04-30-2008, 09:06 PM
there's always been respect .. have I ever dissed the 'Canes?

Nope.

But I have said that you guys will be in tough from either the Ams or Chiefs and I don't change my tune. I think the 'canes will have all they can handle and more with the Chiefs.
My comment wasn't directed at you personally dondo. Just a general comment. It seems that most have been waiting for the Canes to go away.

LinkGaetzFan
04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
My comment wasn't directed at you personally dondo. Just a general comment. It seems that most have been waiting for the Canes to go away.

I never got that impression. The Canes' were ranked 10th in the final CHL standings (the only ranked Eastern team), wouldn't you call that respect? Anyway the less they respect you, the more you can throw it in their faces when you stomp someone. That's the way I see it anyway.

And now you're not giving the Chiefs any respect by predicting a 4-0 sweep. :confused:

LifelongChiefsFan
04-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Wow, Is that some respect coming the Hurricanes direction? About time. I hope they don't disappoint you now dondo. Hopefully whatever happens from the final the WHL fans will finally give it up for the Hurricanes. cheers.

What's this about Lethbridge not getting respect? As far as I can tell the majority of non Spokane and non Lethbridge fans are picking the Canes to win this series, usually in 6 or less. If that's not a sign of respect from fans around the league I don't know what is.

Bocephus
04-30-2008, 10:43 PM
What's this about Lethbridge not getting respect? As far as I can tell the majority of non Spokane and non Lethbridge fans are picking the Canes to win this series, usually in 6 or less. If that's not a sign of respect from fans around the league I don't know what is.
If you go through the prediction threads i think you will find that Lethbridge was chosen to loose more often than not.
I am saying now that they are starting to get noticed.
As far as being ranked in the top ten. They made 2 appearances all year as far as I can recall.
As far as my prediction of a sweep. Well, you noticed. ;)
Go big or go home right.
It was more a comment on thinking Spokane just won their 'super bowl' and they should be dog tired.

tigerfan
05-01-2008, 06:56 AM
Lethbridge is a very good team and ended strong but not sure if their deep enough to handle Spokane. After watching Chiefs take on Tri they also have to improve on a few things:
FACEOFFS
WATCHING LONG BREAKOUT PASS SO NOT TO ICE THE PUCK
CROSS ICE PASSES IN THEIR OWN END
NOT GETTING SUCKED IN TO TAKING PENALTIES
The Chiefs have better goaltending and a little stronger defensively. They have to stop Fadden and Boychuk and they win the series.
Lethbridge beating Calgary so easy was not that big of a surprise as Calgary only beat them once all year I believe. Calgary also peaked in January and other teams improved more in the next two months. Also will the layoff hurt the Canes? Will the long series with Tri hurt Spokane?
I guess we find out this weekend. Best to both teams as they both deserve to be there.

HomerSimpson
05-01-2008, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=Bocephus]If you go through the prediction threads i think you will find that Lethbridge was chosen to loose more often than not.
I am saying now that they are starting to get noticed.
As far as being ranked in the top ten. They made 2 appearances all year as far as I can recall.
As far as my prediction of a sweep. Well, you noticed. ;)
Go big or go home right.
It was more a comment on thinking Spokane just won their 'super bowl' and they should be dog tired.[QUOTE]

Don't count on that...the team prided itself in being in their best shape, and not getting "too high for the highs or too low for the lows" as Peters puts it. Should be a great series, Lethbridge is a formitable opponent.

Stay-Puft
05-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Just wanted to say best of luck to the Chiefs for their upcoming series with Lethbridge. Hell of a series with the Ams, hopefully their is some fuel left in tank for this one. Should be another great series.

Rebelchild
05-01-2008, 05:24 PM
We go farther, faster on less gas! :D That series with TRI was tough but it had its upside that the guys are probably still pumped. They knew they had to play their best every single game. They know that they have to play that same way again. These 2 days off will be just perfect for the guys. Not enough time forget where the rink is but enough time to know that they actually got to sleep!

If this series starts out like the last one - in OT - I am not sure what I am going to do! Don't know how many more OT games this old heart can handle!

That said .... GO CHIEFS GO yeehoo .... Is it Friday yet?

localguy
05-01-2008, 10:02 PM
This is the final I have been hoping for, as even as T.C. and Spokane were, I think we have the same situation here for the final. As far as not letting the highs get to high and the lows get too low, that old cliche has been stated in every hurricanes post game interview since the beginning of the season too. I am obvioulsy pulling for Lethbridge here, but making no prediction. The winner of this series will represent the Dub well at the mem cup. One team too tired, one team too rested? I guess we'll se tommorrow night, I am thinking it will be a very safe defensive game as both teams really have had little time to prepare for eachother, and have only played once this year. The feeling out process could be painful to watch for the first 20 to 40 minutes. As far as the Chiefs having more depth and and stronger tending, I wouldn't be so sure, Metsola has been pretty good in the post season, and we have gotten so real big goals all the way down the roster. Like I said, should be a great series.

TriFan2005
05-02-2008, 07:01 PM
well what a great series that was. i kind of wish the score for game 7 would've been closer, the game itself was really close except for about 5 minutes to start the 3rd.

Definitely a great series i was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

as far as the whl finals i see it going the full 7 games and im thinking spokane should pull it out.

if blackwater has another series like he did vs tri watch out because he'll beat the 'canes by himself. never seen that kind of scoring touch from good ol' judd but it really impressed me.