PDA

View Full Version : pg to chilliwack

scamperdog
03-31-2005, 09:13 PM
On cfjctv tonight they were saying that the cougers might be interested in chilliwack, has anyone in pg heard this?

grumphy
03-31-2005, 10:29 PM
On cfjctv tonight they were saying that the cougers might be interested in chilliwack, has anyone in pg heard this?
Although the rest of the league would probably be estatiic, I don't think the owners will be headed south for a chit-chat in the near future. Just my opinion---I've been wrong before

kelownakarl
03-31-2005, 10:57 PM
Would sure be nice for the other teams not having to travel way up to the Great White North!

Jovorock
04-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Where is this station, Kamloops or PG? I can't believe Brosky would move from a proven city to a potential good city?

Beaner
04-01-2005, 10:42 AM
According to MOJO radio PG did vote against the move. They could be setting up to move next year but that is just very rampant speculation.

Sput
04-01-2005, 12:48 PM
I think thats all it is too, is rampant speculation. There is word that Brodsky was talking to Chilliwack, but says it was to see what they were offering TC, so he could negotiate the contract with the City of PG for the 'Plex.

If I remember correctly March 31 was the deadline to apply to move a team. That has past so anything happening wouldn't be until the end of next season. Brodsky has always been adamant that he wants to keep the team here, in PG, so unless he's just saying the right things to the press and lieing to us all, I think the team will be here for a while yet. Add to that the thought that the league itself (headoffice that is) knows what kind of support a team could have here, if the product is on the ice, and head office might try to stop a move from here, and force a sale locally. Who knows. Its all speculation for now.