PDA

View Full Version : The Decline & Demise of Dean Clark

Sammy
05-02-2008, 11:41 AM
So Dean Clark is now selling used cars in Edmonton.
A definite decline for sure.
But here are some things to consider.
He never got the Mem cup with a stacked Hitties team that even a hammer-monkey behind the bench could've won with.
He was gassed in Brandon for not getting results and the Wheatie ownership there didn't believe all his whining and bs to the contrary.
His Blazer numbers say it all:
316 Games
Record:140-143-22-11
2003/2004:1st round exit in 5 games to Vancouver
2004/2005:1st round exit in 6 games to Kootenay
2005/2006:Missed playoffs for 1st time
2006/2007:2-18 down the stretch with a 1st round exit in sweep to PG
Playoff record:3-14

Not exactly hall of fame stuff.
And what was really sad is that instead of taking the blame for the decline of the Blazer franchise over the 5 years he was there, especially when he was outcoached on a regular basis, Clark blamed anyone and everyone for all the lemons except himself.
He even tossed a decent coach or two under the bus to save his skin.
A lot of fans and posters got tired of his routine and began tagging him with nicknames: Dean the Dunce, Dizmal Dean, etc.

Once upon a time, way back in the Junior B coaching ranks, Clark may have been a rising star. But somewhere along the way he lost the fire. Or else he was just a poser who always seemed to be in the right place at the right time.
Now, it seems, he may be where he really belongs.
Trying to make lemons look like limos.

Arthur Fonzerelli
05-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Is he selling cars for Priestner, the Edmonton car dealer who owed him a favour for drafting his goalie son for the Blazers. punk rock

WHEATMAN
05-04-2008, 11:46 AM
He was gassed in Brandon for not getting results and the Wheatie ownership there didn't believe all his whining and bs to the contrary.

Dean Clark wasn't fired in Brandon, he left voluntarily to move out west to be with his family, Kelly wanted Clark to stay in Brandon, he did a fantastic job in leading the Wheaties to the Eastern Confrence finals twice in the two years he was here. I highly doubt he is selling used cars right now

the flying moose
05-11-2008, 01:07 PM
I highly doubt he is selling used cars right now

I do believe this is Dean Clark selling cars.

http://www.kentwoodford.com/sales/DeanClark/index.html