PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Falcons Sign Garet Hunt

Kassian
05-03-2008, 03:15 AM
Garet Hunt is now a pro pest.

The Vancouver Giants sparkplug confirmed Friday that he had signed a contract for next year with the Springfield Falcons, the AHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers.

The scrappy winger, listed at 5-foot-8 and 190 pounds, is slated to attend an Oilers prospect camp in June.

"My first goal this year was to go far in the playoffs," said Hunt, one of Vancouver's overages this past season. "And with that, comes along this kind of thing, because people want winners.

"I get to play hockey next season. My hockey dream still goes on. Throughout the year, I was wondering, 'What am I going to do?' Now, I've got a big smile on my face."

http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/dubhub/archive/2008/05/02/giants-pest-hunt-signs-minor-league-deal-with-oilers.aspx

dondo
05-03-2008, 07:55 PM
nice.

AHL

good luck Garet -- rip it up!

Carebear
06-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Congrats Garet!!!

So glad to see that all your hard work and dedication has paid off! You definitely deserve it. I can't wait to hear about all your future successes in hockey. Best of luck, and I'll be cheering you on from across the continent! :thumb:

Swando
06-01-2008, 11:08 PM
If 5' 8" and 190 is his true size ........................ well we know it isn't . He played well under that weight last year after a strenuous reabilitation period . I personally think he was 5' 7 and mabe 165 last year. You could tell the way he bounced off people he hit. Good luck to him..he wasn't even supposed to make the whl...so go figure

Section_Z
06-05-2008, 01:12 PM
If 5' 8" and 190 is his true size ........................ well we know it isn't . He played well under that weight last year after a strenuous reabilitation period . I personally think he was 5' 7 and mabe 165 last year. You could tell the way he bounced off people he hit. Good luck to him..he wasn't even supposed to make the whl...so go figure

Wow. I didn't realize one actually got shorter during rehab for a broken femur...=)
Maybe there's an extra pound or two of Pam slathered on him here, but seems to me he weighed a bit more than 165.

Swando
06-05-2008, 01:33 PM
I tend to think many a player is listed a bit taller and heavier than he really is. For this reason I know Hunt came into camp a lot leaner than the previous season. He was in body building where little body fat is a must. He looked at least 10-15 lighter imo. As far as height is concerned Cunningham is much taller as they walked around the concourse. What is Cunningham 5 9?

Hunt's size didn't stop him from being his nasty self...it will be his character and spark plug effect that will keep him in pro hockey..not his scoring ability and size