PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 (Spoke v. Leth)

Pete76
05-03-2008, 08:35 AM
What a BEAT DOWN!

It will be interesting to see how the Canes react to the whoopin' ... if they do not even the series at 1 tonight, this baby is DUN!

Watching Tyler get the shorthanded goal made me think of all the shorthanded goals Tri usually scores on us over the course of the season. When Tik stopped the penalty shot the canes players had to be saying ... "Damn, what is going on"

I did think that the kneeing on McCrae was unnecessary, but perhaps it was lesss intentional than it looked, I just hate to see a young guy potential hurt a knee. Hopefully the Canes feel they got even by going after Falk ... I can only imagine Falk skating over and asking him "*** was that"

The first two periods the chiefs absolutely punished the Canes on the boards ... I'd like to see numbers on the ice time ... as it looked like the checking line was pulling some longer shifts.

So glad that there was no overtime!!!

Are you serious, ZERO shots on goal in the first period ... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is their lowest shot total for the first period all season?

By the 3rd period the Chiefs did seem to be getting a little tired, hopefully they have enough in the tank to put another W up on the boards.

Glass, once again was AWESOME ... based on the radio postgame interview with Tik, "that's 2 minutes for diving" (in reference to Thiessen getting put down) - glad to see the ref get up, but what is up with Kirk calling that weak arse penalty shot ... don't tell me he makes that same call in a tight game.

I hope McCrae can put one in the net tonight, he has had some good chances over the last several games ... less than 12 hours till gametime!

Here is a link to the local paper in Lethbridge (since our newspapers hocky coverage sucks) http://www.lethbridgeherald.com/article_10676.php

Action Sports Images
05-03-2008, 11:54 AM
I posted a slide show from last nights game over on the White board and Chiefs Pow Wow if anyone was not able to see the game. If I can figure out how to do it here, I will!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
05-03-2008, 12:29 PM
What a BEAT DOWN!

It will be interesting to see how the Canes react to the whoopin' ... if they do not even the series at 1 tonight, this baby is DUN!

I did think that the kneeing on McCrae was unnecessary, but perhaps it was lesss intentional than it looked, I just hate to see a young guy potential hurt a knee. Hopefully the Canes feel they got even by going after Falk ... I can only imagine Falk skating over and asking him "*** was that"

Here is a link to the local paper in Lethbridge (since our newspapers hocky coverage sucks) http://www.lethbridgeherald.com/article_10676.php

Beat down is putting it mildly. You will see a different Canes team tonight for sure. That is the worst we have played all year, but the Chief's play had a lot to do with that. I was not surprised at how good you played but was very surprised at how physical you were.
McRae's knee was totally intentional and he should have got 5 and a game for deliberate intent to injure.

We will bounce back and this will be a series before it is over.

chiefaholic
05-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Beat down is putting it mildly. You will see a different Canes team tonight for sure. That is the worst we have played all year, but the Chief's play had a lot to do with that. I was not surprised at how good you played but was very surprised at how physical you were.
McRae's knee was totally intentional and he should have got 5 and a game for deliberate intent to injure.

We will bounce back and this will be a series before it is over.

On McRaes kneeing. From where i sit , It looked to me like they both tried to avoid each other at the last second. Unfortunatley they banged knees(ouch!!) . But in no way do I think Justin did it on purpose , He is just not that kind of player at all. If McRae goes down instead of your guy , the call goes the other way. I've seen it a thousand times. Glad both seam to be ok though. If there was any intent there at all , I guess it was just a knee jerk reaction(no pun intended). you see it all the time in hockey. The puck carrier changes direction suddenly and the defender sticks his leg out , it seems to be a natural reaction. Not a well thought out intent to injure. That being said , I fully expected a 5 min major call just for the type of hit that occured just because thats typically the resulting call. vc178

dondo
05-03-2008, 08:02 PM
I was seeing a better 'canes team as the game went on. The canes were caught flat-footed and seemed to be standing around a whole lot. In the third they started to work a bit harder and skate a bit harder and got a cheesy goal to ruin Tokarski's shut-out bid.

That said -- the Chiefs tight checking was something I don't think the 'Canes have experienced yet in the second season. The Chiefs played textbook hockey, with intensity and intention and earned the win all over the ice.

Holding the 'Canes to 0 shots in the first was quite the surprise though.
Hopefully there are no technical difficulties with Shaw tonight.

game almost ON

I too expect a bit more even game tonight, but I still don't think the Hurricanes can beat the Chiefs in a seven game series, but that's why we play the games.