PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 (Spoke v. Leth)

Pete76
05-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Well, different game, much more intensity ... and still the same goal differential ... enjoyed watching the canes pp tonight, man does it enter the zone fast, and their pk was much better IMO ... our one pp goal seemed like a pinball game in the crease ... I was wondering why Boychuck has all these points, now I know (is he related to the Boychuk - David, that we had a few years back)? The Canes goalie seemed to have some issues tonight with his glove hand ... Vancouver and Tri definitely were tougher to get a puck past the goalie ... it felt like the Canes outplayed us for the last half of the 1st and 2/3 of the 2nd ... looking forward to the broadcast from Lethbridge! I hope we can get this done in 5 or 6, but the Canes are too good to sweep IMO and I expect one helluva game 3!

Glad we are not up against Pickard or Sexy:)

tigerfan
05-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Not as good in this series as the previous three with Irving,Sexsmith and Picard. If you can face those three and win this one should be easier.
Lethbridge played a better game but nowhere near what Tri played.Have to see how the Canes do when the series goes back to Lethbridge. If Chiefs play anywhere near what they played in Spokane they should be going to Kitchener to represent the West.

Chief Jeff
05-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Another great game for Spokane. Looks like they have got their problems with the PP ironed out as tonight was the 5th straight with a PP goal. The penalty kill continues to be great, which was my biggest concern heading into the playoffs. Spokane's speed is killing Lethbridge....Their D-men just can't keep up. It is also nice to go against a goaltender that is merely human rather than Superhuman like Pickard. So far the only bright spot for Leth is that Boychuk kid...He is the real deal and tonight was basically the only offensive spark they had.

dondo
05-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Well the 'canes were better, but the Chiefs just shut them down for the most part. A bit of puck luck for the Spokane squad, but they also have been creating a lot of that puck luck.

Boychuk was a definite threat and the Chiefs are going to have to keep tabs on him and make sure they take the body and don't go for the puck when he comes into the zone at speed.

HomerSimpson
05-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Boychuk played well enough both games. In game two alone he could have had 4-5 goals. He's got to be the best skater in the entire WHL; for awhile I thought it may have been Reddick, but Boychuk is on a whole nother level. No wonder they've come this far.

Since the other topic is old, I'll throw in my 2 cents on the McCrae hit here. It should have been called, and it's a good thing it was. The right call was made on the 2 minutes though, as it was obvious to me that Wuchterl was doing his best Jim Carey "Liar Liar" impersonation.

Thanks to the Lethbridge fans for making a visit down, we hope you enjoyed our city. The 'Canes have great fans and they proved their worth, making alot of noise even when their team was down.