PDA

View Full Version : Game 3 (Spoke v. Leth)

Pete76
05-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Man am I stoked to see this game on TV come Tuesday night ... hopefully we give them very few PP opportunities ... and maybe we can bank another one off their goalie:)

GO CHIEFS GO (T minus 34.5 hours)

dondo
05-05-2008, 11:57 PM
^ that was actually a very smart play. Blackwater hustled hard to the loose puck and deliberately was going for the bank and in before Juha could reset himself and it worked, but it was by no means just a blind shot to the net.

Judd knew what he was doing with that. It may have looked ugly, but it was very smart goal coming from imagination and pure puck hunger.

If the Canes have a chance in this series they are going to have to be far more hungry for the puck and fight for those loose pucks, cause that's how the Chiefs get those brilliant opportunities around the other guys net.

hitmanfan
05-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Here's hoping the Chiefs keep rolling. Very impressed so far. Hopefully you can make the 'Canes (to quote the Lethbridge Herald) "roll over like the Titanic taking on water". I'll be cheering for you in Kitchener.

Bocephus
05-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Here's hoping the Chiefs keep rolling. Very impressed so far. Hopefully you can make the 'Canes (to quote the Lethbridge Herald) "roll over like the Titanic taking on water". I'll be cheering for you in Kitchener.
I agree. That article bas BS. I hope our fans don't feel the backlash from that article. We don't share the opinion of that sports writer.

hitmanfan
05-06-2008, 09:46 PM
YA BABY. Real nice come back tonight. They got down but they got right back up. pbj

sbtatter
05-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Let's see if Lethbridge can rebound with 2 wins like Brandon did against the canes after dropping the first 3 games.....

Pete76
05-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Call the police ... SPOKANE just stole game #3!

Bocephus
05-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Congrats on the win.
That was a game neither team deserved to lose.
The Canes can take alot of positives from the effort tonight but.............. you can fill in the rest. vc124 vci22
cheers

loudi94
05-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Call the police ... SPOKANE just stole game #3!
Nah, they just played a great road game. Full marks.

LifelongChiefsFan
05-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Good win for the Chiefs tonight. Sounded like Lethbridge played better for the majority of the game, so it's nice to see the Chiefs take a game that maybe they shouldn't have won. Gotta give Tokarski a ton of credit for keeping the Chiefs only down 1 goal. From what I understand the Hurricane's goal came on a beautiful deflection. I'm looking forward to seeing a replay of it. I also hope that McCrae will be good enough to play tomorrow, sounded like he took quite a hit to set up Spokane's tying goal.

I know nothing's won yet, but being up 3-0 makes things look pretty good.

tigerfan
05-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Went to see the game last night and it was a pretty good one. First time to Lethbridge to see a game even though I just live down the road at the Hat. I have to say the the barn in Lethbridge is great, very good rink. Its nice that the accoustics are great that you can actually hear the annoncements.
The game itself was fairly even with Lethbridge might having a bit of an edge. Spokane looked a little flat but came out flying in the overtime after killing the penalty. Lethbridge needs more out of their big guns and unless they get more the series could be over either tonight or Friday. Pretty hard to come back from a 3-0 deficit. Well back on the road this afternoon to see game 4 and hoping the Chiefs finish them off tonight, saves me going up there on Friday. Go Chiefs.

HomerSimpson
05-07-2008, 08:49 AM
The Chiefs won 3 in a row, the Canes can very well do so themselves. That being said; the way the Chiefs have played this year it's highly unlikely. I think we only lost 3 in a row one time, and never 4 in a row. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on those stats...but I only remember the "hell weekend" when we lost twice to Seattle and once to Tri. Sounded like a good game on the radio, wish I could have been able to watch it. Go Chiefs....one more boys!

Rebelchild
05-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Kudos to the Canes because, even as a Chiefs fan, I think that they played the better game. That said, the boys knew what had to be done and with their usual tenacity they came out and got it done! Kind of ironic that we went into OT on the penalty kill and our little culprit who was in the box ended up making the winning goal. Never say die because these boys don't know the meaning of the wrods! GO CHIEFS! The fat lady is thinking she should start going through her closet for soething to wear when she sings! :clap:

dondo
05-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Great tying marker by Bruts ... that was the game the 'canes needed to win and unfortunately it slipped their grasp.

Both Juha and Dustin were great.

The 'canes played much better hockey gutting it out a bit more and winning more puck battles. They had the Chiefs on their heels in the third, but were unable to get the insurance marker past Tokarski and it cost them in the end.

Lots of good chances for both sides in OT, but the Chiefs are the ones who came out with the win. Good hockey! clrkth