PDA

View Full Version : Radio Station to Broadcast Tips 24/7

Tipped Off
04-01-2005, 10:54 AM
From The Radio Station Website: (http://news.mywebpal.com/index.cfm?pnpid=918)

Welcome to KTIP, All Silvertips, All the time!

KRKO is now KTIP...Tips 1380. Silvertip owner Bill Yuill who also is President of Monarch Communications in Medicine Hat, Alberta with several radio and Cable properties in British Columbia has stepped in to run the Everett radio station. Given that more than 250 thousand fans a year watch the Silvertips in Everett, Yuill decided to change the call letters of KRKO to KTIP and capitalize on the popularity of his hockey team. Give it a listen.

From www.everettsilvertips.com: (http://www.everettsilvertips.com)
Canadian Broadcaster and Sports Team owner to play major role in Everett Radio Station…

Everett Silvertips Press Release

Everett, WA - Bill Yuill, owner of Monarch Communications of Medicine Hat, Alberta has agreed to take a major role in the operation of KRKO Radio in Everett. Yuill will immediately oversee major changes at the radio station that has been known as NorthSound 1380, ESPN Radio. His first order of business was to change the call letters of the station to KTIP and feature Everett Silvertips programming 24 hours a day while the team is in the playoffs.

Yuill, who owns radio stations and cable systems in Canada, is the former owner of the Seattle Thunderbirds Hockey Team and in 2002 divested himself of that club to start the Everett Silvertips. The Silvertips drew over 270,000 fans their first year and this year their total attendance has topped more than 220,000. Yuill gave the following statement…"Given that more than a quarter of a million people a year attend hockey games at the Everett Event Center, it only makes sense to change the name of the station to reflect the most popular sporting team in Everett's history."

General Manager Andrew Skotdal stated, "Having Bill on board allows me to focus full time on our antenna project. He has great ideas for the radio station, and having Doug Soetart replace the Dan Patrick show will bring even more terrific local programming to the Everett area." Skotdal and Yuill believe they can syndicate Silvertips hockey across the State and into Canada and are in the process of securing satellite time and affiliates.

KTIP, also to be known as Tips 1380 began broadcasting at 6am this morning under the new "all hockey all the time" format. Silvertips General Manager Doug Soetart will be hosting his daily call in show at 10am and current and former Silvertip players are expected to play an important role on – air. Afternoon host Jeff Aaron, is expected to be retained in the 3pm – 6pm time slot with a new show …"Heading home with Hockey."

For information contact Andrew Skotdal at 425-304-1381 or Zoran Rajcic at 425-252-5100

And from me:
Pretty cool the Tips and the Radio Station could get together and try to pull off this April Fool's joke. Almost had me going for a second. Until I read the bit about Stoetart replacing the Dan Patrick show...lol.

Beaner
04-01-2005, 10:56 AM
WOW.

Nice to see your city and business stepping up to the plate. :thumb:

grumphy
04-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Nice one for April First :thumb:

Beaner
04-01-2005, 11:34 AM
LOL

Next Time I should read the whole article.

grumphy
04-01-2005, 11:37 AM
LOL

Next Time I should read the whole article.
Big give away---he sold out his radio station in the hat two years ago :laugh:

ihlemic10
04-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Too bad thats not real, I would not mind 24/7 tips coverage...would that mean they would re-air some old games? Also the logo looked too odd like they should have changed it more for this.

Tipped Off
04-01-2005, 01:27 PM
It's interesting....I was just in the car and I put it on 1380 and, whaddya know, it's doug Stoetart doing the Hockey Talk call in show. They also replayed parts of the first four playoff games all ready this morning. They also were talking about the "new" format of the station and what it will mean for Hockey. They've had callers calling in to talk about anything hockey related. Stoetart has talked about the NHL, his days in the AHL, everything. IT's really kind of cool. Too bad I think it's all just part of the joke because it's kind of refreshing from the normal sports radio.