PDA

View Full Version : The warriors next year

mj123
05-11-2008, 03:06 PM
For fun give me a run down of what the warriors have to offer, indicate the rookies and players to keep a eye on..

wardog fan
05-11-2008, 03:31 PM
i think that we should worry about dollars and cent s and getting our council to get their heads out of their asses and keep our team or this will be our last season in the jaw...

mj123
05-11-2008, 07:09 PM
can you just give me the up and coming prospects that will play next year

Warrior Fan
05-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Roster should look like this.

Forwards
Bast
Knackstedt
Broda
Prokop
Sommers
Grantham
Nyren
Filo
Karpov
Howden
MacMaster
MacKay
Bougeois
Reinbolt

Defense
Hamonic
Suer
Stanton
Ward
Smith
Ariss
Cox
McFaul
McIlrath

Goalies
Mathews
Glover
Murray... if he comes to camp will have a shot at starting this season for sure.

Warrior Fan
05-20-2008, 01:23 PM
I am not sure what the Euro position is but if Filo and Karpov don't return than we will have 2 new Euro's to choose from for sure.
They will both be forwars I would think as we are looking pretty strong on the backend with lots of depth and youth to build from.
Tending is another question mark as well. We will have to wait and see what comes of that as well.

agent
05-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Here is what I see. The team could end up stronger than people think. vci34
We will probably see trades to bring in a 19 or 20yr old experienced goalie.

The Euros will be gone and we could see an addition of a 19 or 20 yr old offensive defencemen. :)

With 16 forwards currently on the Thrasher farm team roster we could see Holzapfel back to lead the troops this fall now that he has been deleted after playing 1 game. :confused: A numbers thing. Be a 15th or 16th forward in the AHL or loads of ice time on a first line in the WHL. Not hard to say what would be better for him developement wise.
From the AHL web site , 05/02/2008 Riley Holzapfel (LW) Chicago DEL Recalled from loan by Atlanta (NHL)
I guess its similar to the Brule situation with the Giants a few years back.

Roster should look like this.

Forwards
Bast
Knackstedt
Broda
Prokop
Sommers
Grantham
Nyren could be traded
Filo will probably not return
Karpov will probably not return
Howden
MacMaster
MacKay
Bougeois
Reinbolt

Defense
Hamonic
Suer
Stanton
Ward
Smith
Ariss
Cox
McFaul
McIlrath

Goalies
Mathews
Glover
Murray... if he comes to camp will have a shot at starting this season for sure.

wardog fan
05-20-2008, 04:07 PM
well i like to think we will trade for a experience goalie, but selling the farm is not what i would expect. this team will be medicore at best next season. i truely believe this year will be year one of a 3 year rebuilding plan... a youthment will be seen. alot of young players will make the grade im sure with the likes of formentioned players, howden, macmaster, reinbolt, bourgouis, mcfaull will suit up for the tribe .. with that said add paul *****, defensemen who played at the under 17 championships last x-mas , and played well, nathen marshall is another player who sure turn some heads, tyler miller a late cut last year will push for a spot on defense, corey scott a big 91 born forward, and for goalies kevin jebson is still on the warrior protected list, will he be back not sure, and brett willowshas impressed every camp he has attended, he is small and sources say he is taking the college route.
adam murray will not be in moose jaw, he signed a letter of intent for college, and will play his freshman year at least.

riley holzapel will not return to the tribe, i cant see it, jordan knackstedt will not return to moose jaw either. shall they return they will be dealt.

the bottom line is we have to let these young kids play, i was so impressed with our rookie camp last year and main camps. the talent is really looking good and instead of a ton of trades to play for another year let these kids grow and continue with the youth movement for next year and make a huge splash in 2 years (thats if the team is here) if not the new city will benefit..

as for euros i would think they will be both back. i liked karpov more then filo. if it were me i would not return filo and pick a flashy 17 or 18 euro forward.

wardog fan
05-20-2008, 04:14 PM
heres my thoughts half way threw last season on what the team might look like.

well i thought it would be fun, i have noticed some others doing it and im bored. alot of people are easy to write off the tribe next season
i disagree, hence i dont think we will be a powerhouse by anymeans, but i dont think we are going to be a basement dweller.
looking at the potential we have for next year, but again alot of question marks ..

goaltender..
*biggest concern and question mark entering next season, for the first time in 5 seasons joey perricone will not be in a
warrior jersey.*

todd matthews(90) who is the current backup has looked good in his short time of playing, i think he will be a lock in for next year
but i can see some pressure coming from brandon glover(92) and brett willows(90) and adam murray(91). no guarratee that
willow and murray will be in camp next year. willow has rumored to be interested in college, and murray is a very high touted
goalie in the states and is currently with the usa under 17 develop team. one long question is kevin jebson(89) who has had a brief stint
with the tribe last season, will he be around next year?

loss: joey perricone(grad)

defense..
strong point in my books.
returning ty ariss(90), ryan stanton(89), chad suer(90), kevin smith(91) all have looked good and matured as a group nicely.
the key dman returning is travis hamonic(90) this kid is going to be a stud, he is growing so much while working with ellerby he has toughness and
offensive upside. the question mark is will brett ward be back as a 20 yr old? i guess that depends on other key returning players
but my guess is ty wishart, and keaton ellerby will not be back with the tribe next year. as nice as it is to have them i dont think we
will miss them that much next year .
young up and comers are paul bonar(91) played well at the under 17's and travis miller who was a late cut at training camp.

forwards...
coming back to the tribe is a decent group of players, neil prokop(90), brian sommers(90) both have blossom well, prokop stands out the
most with his size, he could put up some decent numbers in a larger role next year. the 89' are lead by jason bast, and joel broda.
a pretty good combo and add into that the two euros who are learning the game well and transitted decent, thomas karpov(89) and
martin filo(89) the question is does the club bring them both back? i would like to think so , if i had a choice i would bring karpov back
and draft another forward.. 92's will be lead by nathon macmaster and last years number one pick quinton howdin, add to the mix zane weal, marshall,mcfaull.
if theres going to be any other players cracking the lineup n. boureois(91), r.reinbolt(91), and corey scott all should make a big push next year.

next year the tribe will have 4 88's fuller, grantham, knackstedt, and holzy. holzy, and knackstedt i expect will not return and will play pro,
and i expect grantham and fuller returning and may take up 2 of our overage spots.

grad losses: terrence delaronde and frazer mclaren, two huge holes to fill. delaronde's play is without a doubt a treat to watch

so with all that in mind i suspect some trades and what have you from now till next season but thats my take on what i think we have coming back..
heres a thought , what would we do if wishart, ellerby, holzy , knackstedt came back? lol im dreaming but if theres a chance of any im betting on
knackstedt and ellerby as i do believe hes not signed. wishart and holzy are guarretee's they will be playing pro somewhere, as are the other two
who are log shots at best to return..

Arthur Fonzerelli
05-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Kevin Jebson played 51 games last season in goal for a mediocre Burnaby Express team in the BCHL. His play was a big reason they were able to compete and earn a playoff spot. Warriors have cut him at training camp twice now so I'm not sure if he is interested in making the trip from the coast all the way to MJ again for another tryout.

wardog fan
05-20-2008, 06:21 PM
in regards to jebson, i feel he wasnt given a fair shot with the tribe. he showed me alot of skill, what he didnt seem to have was confidence. but then again one bad game and he was shipped home so with that said that doesnt help a young teen.. if he doesnt come back which i highly doubt he will cause i dont think he was at last years camp . i wish him the best and hope he can make it in the dub with someone esle...

mj123
05-25-2008, 01:22 PM
The future looks good for the tribe as far as players go. MacMaster and Howden played together for the Warriors in late December and did not look out of place. Possibly the future Schenn and Glennie combination

wardog fan
05-25-2008, 04:54 PM
thats a better big and bold statement , schenn and glennie are in a league of their own right now....