PDA

View Full Version : Blades fans,any opinions?

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Who do you think Lorne Molleken and his coaching staff will go after, wll it be a 20 yr old goaltender brought in for experience or will it be another talented D-man to help quarterback the powerplay or will they bring a tough and Gritty D-man?or will they bring in a tough and gritty forward like Tanner Shultz?What do you guys think the Blades need to do in order to become a playoff contender next season?

Furback
04-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Blades need D bad that is there main issue they should tackle in the off season. PA exploited blades D and If green goes to play in portland next year they are in huge trouble.

Knuckle Chucker
04-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Blades need D bad that is there main issue they should tackle in the off season. PA exploited blades D and If green goes to play in portland next year they are in huge trouble.

I agree on the Blades D being suspect. The will also need to go after a Goalie as Monnette is not a starter IMO. Might we see Dustin Slade in a Blades uniform????

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-01-2005, 03:48 PM
If green goes to play in portland next year they are in huge trouble. I clearly stated in my post that if the NHL resumes soon then he might go and play for the Washington Capitals not the Portland Winterhawks if that is what u are saying, I am sure that we have some young D-men in our system that will develop into great hockey players, If Lorne Molloken sees the need for a defencemen then I am sure that he will go try to make a deal in the offseason. GO BLADES GO

tazndevil
04-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Calm down dude.

Furback was agreeing with you.

The Washington Capitals farm club is in Portland, Maine.

I only know this, because so many Hitmen have been drafted by Washington lately, and thats where they ended up their first couple years.

Taz

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-01-2005, 04:05 PM
understand him but now i do, SORRY

Furback
04-01-2005, 06:00 PM
sorry i should have said the pirates its kind of my fault for not explaining

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Do any of u Blades fans have any ideas to what Molleken and his coaching staff will do u in the offseason (trade wise) or what do u guys think needs to be done to inprove our team for next season?

mat01800
04-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Do any of u Blades fans have any ideas to what Molleken and his coaching staff will do u in the offseason (trade wise) or what do u guys think needs to be done to inprove or team for next season?

I want them to go after Kevin Nastiuk if he becomes avail. That would result in one of Bader,Waschuk and Green not playing. Green I think will be back with the Blades for his 20 year old year. One of Bader/Waschuk would be out but I do not know which one would likely be on his way out. I would also say try to trade Haw for some sort of forward help to play with Wacey.

Bader?-Barnes-Guch
Waschuk?-Rabbit-Menei?
Bahensky-McCrae-Svensson
Sievert-Gilles-Van Lare
extra:Cloud

Green-Eisenkirch
Haw-Flatt
Knudsen-Crowley
extra:Klassen,Ward

Nastiuk
Monette

Furback
04-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Im sure the skys will open up and god will hand saskatoon the second comming of george vezina.

mat01800
04-05-2005, 07:56 AM
do you think your getting nastiuk for a draft pick?i'm thinking m.h wont give him up unless your giving some talent.one things for sure monette isnt going to get things done

ya I am thinking that because they have Keetley who has played a good part of the year and is 18 right now I believe. So why would Medicine Hat waste a 20 year old spot on a back up goalie potentially? Or they could take on one of Bader or Waschuk

Knuckle Chucker
04-05-2005, 05:51 PM
ya I am thinking that because they have Keetley who has played a good part of the year and is 18 right now I believe. So why would Medicine Hat waste a 20 year old spot on a back up goalie potentially? Or they could take on one of Bader or Waschuk

Dream on. M.H. does not even make that trade if both bader and waschuk are included.

Furback
04-05-2005, 09:08 PM
masterBader is awful

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-05-2005, 09:35 PM
masterBader is awful

Ha Ha very funny oh think not Aaron Bader will be 20 yrs old and if he does not get sent packing in the off season, then I am sure he will be one of our other great leaders on this team.

Furback
04-05-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm done responding to saskatoon lets be honest the way they played in the playoffs they dont deserve a response.

mat01800
04-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Dream on. M.H. does not even make that trade if both bader and waschuk are included.

Would you want your team to waste a 20 year old spot on a back up goalie?

mat01800
04-06-2005, 01:11 PM
whos your starter?

What are you talking about? Right now its big Russel Monette but thats besides the point I am saying. Not one team in the WHL would use a 20 year old spot on a goalie that they might not possibly need. In Medicine Hat's case they Have Keetley who I believe is 19 next year. He had some pretty good stats and with that I can see Medicine Hat looking to move Nastiuk.

Knuckle Chucker
04-06-2005, 02:19 PM
What are you talking about? Right now its big Russel Monette but thats besides the point I am saying. Not one team in the WHL would use a 20 year old spot on a goalie that they might not possibly need. In Medicine Hat's case they Have Keetley who I believe is 19 next year. He had some pretty good stats and with that I can see Medicine Hat looking to move Nastiuk.

Keetley is not going to take over for Nastiuk. Even if he does it will be later in the season and it will take a lot more then the two deadbeats you mentioned as a trade. Dream on.

mat01800
04-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Keetley is not going to take over for Nastiuk. Even if he does it will be later in the season and it will take a lot more then the two deadbeats you mentioned as a trade. Dream on.

He took him over this year while he was hurt and then when he came back they stayed with Keetley because he was playing so well. He might be still starting for them if he didnt suck it up in the first playoff game. Think about something before you post it, it makes sense I dont know how it doesn't. 20 year olds usually dont bring to much value. Nastiuk could also go to the ECHL or something if thats what Carolina wants to do something with him

Knuckle Chucker
04-06-2005, 08:02 PM
He took him over this year while he was hurt and then when he came back they stayed with Keetley because he was playing so well. He might be still starting for them if he didnt suck it up in the first playoff game. Think about something before you post it, it makes sense I dont know how it doesn't. 20 year olds usually dont bring to much value. Nastiuk could also go to the ECHL or something if thats what Carolina wants to do something with him

Who are you to tell me to think about it before I post. If your lame trade proposal is an example of you thinking then I feel sorry for you. Nastiuk is a top 5 goalie in the entire CHL. We are not talking about chump change here. Yes he might go pro but if he doesn't he will be in the Hat next year unless there is a real trade....not your laugher. Remember Harding last year????

mat01800
04-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Who are you to tell me to think about it before I post. If your lame trade proposal is an example of you thinking then I feel sorry for you. Nastiuk is a top 5 goalie in the entire CHL. We are not talking about chump change here. Yes he might go pro but if he doesn't he will be in the Hat next year unless there is a real trade....not your laugher. Remember Harding last year????

Harding was a completely different situation. The Pats did not have a goalie waiting like Medicine Hat does. Also I would rather take Harding's WHL career over Kevin Nastiuk's WHL career for the most part. Harding was a much more experience goalie who experienced a Memorial Cup and a World Junior Championship. I don't think I really put out a trade proposal for Nastiuk. Bader and Waschuk might be something Medicine Hat are interested in. Your not them so who are you to tell. But anyways thanks for feeling sorry for me its really appreiciated to know that we have people out there who really do care for me :wave:

grumphy
04-07-2005, 08:16 AM
First off, the Tigers are very full in the goaltender position. I think all of us in Medicine Hat fully expect Nasty to be traded next year, we have went through this many times before. You just can not keep two goalies of thier caliber busy. It's not fair to either one's career.
That being said, one thing you can take to the bank, is that he is not going to go cheap. He can fill the franchise player spot on nearly any team and he is a horse as far as amount of games he can play in a season.
I would think at least one REAL power forward plus at least a 60 point vet, and maybe a good draft position------just my thoughts

Knuckle Chucker
04-07-2005, 02:08 PM
I would think at least one REAL power forward plus at least a 60 point vet, and maybe a good draft position------just my thoughts

Now this is more realistic. Him being traded will depend on a team being able to give up this kind of talent. IMO he will start in MH and may be traded if the team gets off to a slow start. I guess we will have to wait and see

Knuckle Chucker
04-07-2005, 06:11 PM
p.a is in the exact same position

This is TRUE

wango tango
04-07-2005, 09:48 PM
getting back on topic.

monette might be the guy, he might not. the uncertaintly is reason enough to bring in a veteran goaltender.

if goal is priority one, defense is one-a. take away green and boldt (deserves more credit than given) and this is a very mediocre bunch. who's the pp qb? flatt and haw should both be dealt, if there are any takers. crowley might be a keeper, i don't know is knudsen has shown enough to even be invited back next season.

at forward there is lots of speed and skill with more ready to try cracking the lineup next season. it has to be balanced with more grit. a player who isn't afraid to get in the goalies kitchen and get some garbage goals. seivert, svensson, menei, van lare, barnes, rabbit, shoot everyone except setoguchi is expendable and i'd even listen to offers for him.

Knuckle Chucker
04-08-2005, 05:45 PM
shoot everyone except setoguchi is expendable and i'd even listen to offers for him.

The Blades would be crazy to trade setoguchi. This kid is going to be a star in the NHL some day. He reminds me of Modano when he was in the dub except he is more physical than Modano was.

I would love to see him in a Raider jersey but that is not going to happen

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-08-2005, 07:42 PM
The Blades would be crazy to trade setoguchi. This kid is going to be a star in the NHL some day. He reminds me of Modano when he was in the dub except he is more physical than Modano was.

I also do not think that the Blades would trade Setoguchi because maybe next season he could be a #1 line forward and he may turn into another Ryan Keller, I think that Molleken will trade for a 20 year old goalie, maybe and even a tough and talented D-man to help out on the back end. I would not be suprised if Molleken made some moves to bring in some forwards too.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-09-2005, 09:10 AM
That is what I would think Molleken would do, but maybe he has something else that he thinks is top priority. If he even does anything which I think he will. Now all we can do is wait and listen for any news of trades.

wango tango
04-09-2005, 05:58 PM

I would love to see him in a Raider jersey but that is not going to happen

I agree Setoguchi is going to be a pretty special player, however based on performance from Christmas on he along with anyone else on the Blades cannot feel they have a guaranteed spot. If the right offer comes along...