PDA

View Full Version : Great Balls Of Blazer Fire!

Sammy
04-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Great balls of Blazer fire!!! Exciting playoff hockey! And who would have thunk it? The Blazers outhustling & outmuscling the Ice. If not for horrible officiating, would likely be 3-1 Blazers. Who's hot & who's not?

RED HOT
*Dubnyk: showing up Glass bigtime & that he's the CHL's superior goalie
*Tesliuk: seeing why Oilers drafted him: 5 pts & has been a beast
*Jorgensen: doing everything so well eg. faceoffs, backchecking
*Kassian: series power stud: plus 3, 2 points & major Koot smackdown
*Grochmal: hardest working Blazer: keeps on digging, digging, digging
*Hayman: best he has played in WHL; huge game three goal

HOT
*Bartley: making smart plays; tough & smooth at same time
*Moulton: brings all that he has
*Sagert: has been on the ball every game
*Bender: has been a force almost every shift
*Gentile: unbelievable on faceoffs; great hustle
*Hogg: showing he can be an agitator; has not taken bad penalties
*Nixon: playing with poise & confidence
*Ellerby: he can play with the big boys

WARM
*Delaronde: got game winner in game one, but inconsistent
*Macias: has been injured so hard to evaluate: team needs his offense
*Guiterrez: has been injured: but Grochmal much better on 1st line than him
*Irwin: a rookie who has not seen much ice time
*Kauk: a rookie who has not seen much ice time
*Chorneyko: a rookie who has not seen any ice time
*Olson: a rookie who has not seen any ice time

COLD
*Jasovsky: zero pts; can't believe he's playing, never-mind 2nd line & PP, PK

Power Play: LUKEWARM
Penalty Kill: RED HOT

If Blazers keep the fire stoked, this could come down to game seven.

Jovorock
04-01-2005, 01:23 PM
RED HOT

The way he is playing Dubnyk will be starting goaltender for Canada in December! Great post Sammy!

Sammy
04-01-2005, 04:43 PM
*Richards: HOT: keeps bringing it, despite some bad breaks

Chipper
04-02-2005, 12:03 AM
RED HOT

The way he is playing Dubnyk will be starting goaltender for Canada in December! Great post Sammy!
Not tonite. Glass the better, also had less work again. Overall Glass imo no more gitters and game ready tonite looks like he wants to take a run at the memorial cup.

scamperdog
04-02-2005, 11:36 AM
It,s not over yet!

Chipper
04-02-2005, 12:00 PM
It,s not over yet!Your right and the fourth game will be the hardest to win. Kamloops have been playing very good and are a team that will not go down with out a huge fight, they play with a lot of confidence. There could very easily be a game seven I'm just glad it will be in Cranbrook if it goes seven.

Jew Panda
04-02-2005, 08:53 PM
I was able to snatch the family's season tickets from my grandfather, for once. :laugh: Hopefully the Blazers won't leave me disappointed.

DoubleDee
04-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Kick some Ice butt tonight!

Jew Panda
04-03-2005, 10:48 PM
What can I say, I feel embarassed. :laugh:

For all you Dubnyk nay-sayers (such as myself), I'm sure you're glad to hear that he allowed five very suspect goals this evening. Five is being generous too, I'll let him slide on the sixth, as it was an almost impossible shot.

The only players that continued to work hard, even after being down by so many goals were Kevin Hayman, Reid Jorgensen, Paul Gentile and for what little time he played, Matt Kassian.

This team needs help, a.s.a.p.

scamperdog
04-03-2005, 10:57 PM
three legit goals, I don,t were his head was tonight but you called that one, and I say trade him for some scoring for next year, what an embarrasment

fightstrap50
04-03-2005, 11:02 PM
dont be to hard on Dubnyk it sounded like the whole team just gave up on the whole idea of winning, they didnt hit, they didnt get under the ICE skin so i wouldnt blame him, he was houng out to dry by the sound of the game, but hey, congrats on taking us to 6, next year you will be trouble in the BC division with so many returning players. And a HUGE congratulations to the ICE for moving on to the second round!! GO ICE GO!!!

scamperdog
04-03-2005, 11:05 PM
No he was,nt hung out to dry tonight he just played one the worst games in along time and that took the wind out of the blazers

Jew Panda
04-03-2005, 11:06 PM
I can be hard on Dubnyk all I want, it was his fault the Blazers got in a hole anyway. Offensively, the Blazers just weren't there, but defensively they held their own until the third period. Numerous goals were the cause of bad goaltending. Wrist shots from fifty-five feet, five holes, bad angle shots. Everything was going wrong. Early in the game, the Ice had a break-away, their first big scoring opportunity. Luckily for Dubnyk, the player hit the side of the net. I saw that Dubnyk had overplayed the puck and right then, I knew it was going to be a long night.

You can't have your goaltender give up a few soft goals and ask your players to crawl back. It just doesn't work.