PDA

View Full Version : Next Years Team?

Scout
05-20-2008, 11:23 AM
I had some time on my hands so i decided to see how our team may look next year. I eliminated the overagers from last year and because the 20 year-old situation for next year is unclear as to who will stay and who will go i also eliminated them until a decision is made. Heres how the for sure returnies look.

Left Wing:
Brad Hobin
Geordie Wudrick
Jan Dalecky

Right Wing:
Mike Brown

Center:
Matt Tassone
Justin Dowling
Cody Eakin

Right Defence:
Eric Doyle

Left Defence:
Derek Claffey
Joel Rogers
Ryan Molle

Goal:
Guggenberger

Players gone for sure:

Left Wing:
Eric Felde

Center:
David Stieler

Right Defence:
Bretton Stamler

Uncertain 20 year-olds:

Right Wing:
Dale Wiese
Keegan Dansereau

Center:
Zack Smith
Levi Nelson
David Stieler ( gone )

Right Defence:
Jesse Dudas
Spencer McAvoy

Goal:
Travis Yonkman

Now depending who goes pro or who the Broncos keep as 20's, we look weakest on Right Wing and Right Defence.

Scout

CrazyGeorge
05-21-2008, 05:26 PM
The euro draft will hopefully address one of either right wing or right defense....I'm thinking right wing. Have we ever drafted a euro dman?

I would like to add that a legit tough guy could probably be added to that list of weakness with right wing and right defense. I think the odds of Magnus making the squad is pretty good. He could be one of our centremen, moving dowling to the right wing to help with that....I would like to see Wudrick / Eakin / Dowling as a line combo again and that's the main reason why I hope Magnus makes the team as a centre. A lot can happen between the euro draft (when ever that is), the status of our 20 year olds....a lot needs to occur before any trades...in my opinion anyways.

Toswammi
05-21-2008, 05:41 PM
The euro draft will hopefully address one of either right wing or right defense....I'm thinking right wing. Have we ever drafted a euro dman?

I would like to add that a legit tough guy could probably be added to that list of weakness with right wing and right defense. I think the odds of Magnus making the squad is pretty good. He could be one of our centremen, moving dowling to the right wing to help with that....I would like to see Wudrick / Eakin / Dowling as a line combo again and that's the main reason why I hope Magnus makes the team as a centre. A lot can happen between the euro draft (when ever that is), the status of our 20 year olds....a lot needs to occur before any trades...in my opinion anyways.

I can think of Rosival and Cutta as defenseman we drafted

CrazyGeorge
05-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Next years team...names in brackets are potential 20 year olds on the team with question marks indicating unknown status...to many what if's right now...all we know is Steiler isn't returning. Regardless, we are pretty sure of a few players that should be making the squad...are there other names that I missed? Taylor Vause is a good bet depending on what 20's...thoughts?

Wudrick Eakin Dowling
Dalecky Tassone Brown
(Nelson)??? Magnus Hoban
(Dansereau) ??? (Smith) ??? (Wiese) ???

Molle (Dudas) ???
Claffey Doyle
Rogers (McAvoy) ???
????

(Yonkman) ???
Guggenburg

Toswammi
05-21-2008, 10:39 PM
I would also bet that we go after a forward in the Euro draft. We have some strong defensemen ready to take a crack at the line up (Martin, Greyeyes, Ernst) to name a few, but our forward core doesn't have the same depth (Magnus, Van Tenholt, Rodgers)