PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Over Olympique

HomerSimpson
05-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Chiefs finished off their round robin last night with a 3-1 victory over the Gatineau Olympique.

Score could/should have been worse; the Chiefs had alot of odd man rushes that usually would end up in the back of the net, but didn't seem like they were playing with 100% of their interest at times. The Roman line was tremendous again, and Wahl and Bowman continued their hot play.

Congrats to Gatineau on a great cinderella run to the Memorial Cup this year, they beat some very good teams along their path and probably deserved a better fate if not for injuries to some key players.

dondo
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Good game -- Olympique much more aggressive than I expected them to be, but Tokarski and the boys shut them down in the end.

Great stuff for the Chiefs to go 3-0 and they are going in the front door to the final. Its been a long time since a team going 3-0 in the round robin has lost the big game and we are all hoping that that trend continues.

Congrats to the Chiefs and their fans. The crazy thing is that this team is still pretty young in a lot of ways and continuing their streak in coming seasons is not out of the question.

I still noticed that the O and the Q don't back-check very efficiently, but better than I expected. the Bulls/Rangers game right now is a free-wheeling end to end fest and not the most scinitallting of hockey imo, but I like a grinding game without cheapshots.. the blatant holding the sticks are blowing my mind -- players will take a hand off of their stick and hold the other guy's stick for four solid seconds. Totally cheating in every way and pretty chintzy stuff, imo.