PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Win! Chiefs Win!

dondo
05-25-2008, 05:22 PM
The Spokane Chiefs completed their brilliant season hoisting the Memorial Cup after shutting down a high-flying stacked Rangers team -- but they broke the Cup in the process -- Boogaard'd

A great team win.

Congrats to Dustin Tokarski earning the MVP

CONGRATS Chiefs and Chiefs fans -- your team truly is a team of destiny vci34

Giants_24
05-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Congrats Chiefs.

Your games throughout the playoffs and the Memorial Cup were truly a joy to watch.

Your team is one of the best I've ever seen, playing everything nearly picture perfect. Tokarski was amazing, again.

Once again Congrats to the Spokane Chiefs, the organization, and the fans.

Enjoy it!

Rooselk
05-25-2008, 05:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Rooselk/Hockey/Silvertips/Chiefs-mc.jpg

WestLEAFfan
05-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Congrats SPOKANE CHIEFS and fans! See you all next year in Rimouski.

3rebels
05-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Congratulations to the Spokane Chieks. WELL DONE. A great game that was enjoyable to watch from start to finish. You are the Pride of Junior Hockey !!
And the Pride of the West !!
Again, Congratulations yeehoo
:thumb:
clrkthj

LifelongChiefsFan
05-25-2008, 05:45 PM
What an amazing team, I'm so happy for the guys. It was too bad that the Cup broke which sort of spoiled the celebration a bit (at least for 20 seconds or so) but to be fair to Bruton he didn't drop it until after the Cup broke in his hands. They'll have it fixed soon enough :thumb:

It's sad to think that this was the last game Bruton, Blackwater and Rutherford will play in Chiefs' uniforms. They gave it their all every game this season. Without Rutherford, Spokane probably doesn't get past Vancouver and without Blackwater, Spokane probably doesn't get past Tri-City. And then you have Bruton, without whom I'm not sure this Chiefs team even comes close to accomplishing what they did.

To beat Kitchener on their ice not once but twice is incredible, and it wasn't easy, Kitchener threw everything at the Spokane net in the third period and Tokarski was up to the task. It doesn't get any better than that.

To the 2007-2008 Spokane Chiefs, congratulations on winning the Memorial Cup. You guys are a team of champions and you definitely deserve it for all the hard work put into the season. Spokane in Rimouski in 2009? You never know... :)

Offsider
05-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Great job !!! Awesome game punk rock

vci34 WHL IS THE BEST vci34

sman111
05-25-2008, 05:55 PM
congrats to the chiefs and there fans on a great season

grainbear
05-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Great team effort, well done in making us in tje West very proud. Especially proud of Blackwater , you deserve a place in the pros and I am sure you will be rewarded. Playing against us in Lethbridge , and as well in the Memorial Cup all I can say is that when our old management released you there sure made a mistake well done. It is only about 90 days to training camps . Well done Spokane and your commitment and dedication was a treat to all

HomerSimpson
05-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks to all of you fans on here along the way who supported us, gave us great debates and stayed fair; you all made this run more enjoyable!

Congrats to the boys for never saying die, even after losing game 71 in a heartbreaker in Kennewick, and then losing again in game 6 to them here at home with a chance to wrap it up. The boys simply wanted it this year, not next, and for that I give kudos to Brutes, Rudy, and Judder for not wanting to see their junior careers come to an early end. Without those 3, the Chiefs are simply a team in their building year this season; we couldn't have asked for better leadership along the way and I'm more than proud to see them hoist that Cup...even if it did split right down the middle. :dead:

yeehoo yeehoo yeehoo

scrunt
05-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Congrats Chiefs! Well deserved -- you were the class of the tournament.

The West is the Best! Again.

I'm already looking forward to seeing next year's team, hopefully at the Everett preseason tournament...

PLAYER
05-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Congrats boys!!!! Way to bring it home!!!! whoooo hoooo! punk rock

peatfan
05-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Congratulations to the Chiefs and their fans for winning the Memorial Cup and also for keeping it in the best league, WHL. Especially happy for Letts, Kelner and Falk the three ex-Hitmen and also to Tokarski who was cut as a 16 yr old by the Hitmen. I guess every team screws up once in a while. Also the Director of Scouting for Spokane was a former scout for Calgary who was responsible for the four players to come to Calgary in the first place. Our loss and your gain.
As a bonus your team should be good ext year with Tokarski & Cowen leading the team.

Scout
05-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Great job Spokane. To the players and fans of the Chiefs from the Swift Current Bronco fans, CONGRATS ON WINNING THE CUP.

Scout :clap: vci22

Big Ern
05-25-2008, 08:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Spokane Chiefs!!!

Very good team game....relentless effort.

The main thing....THE WEST WINS IT AGAIN!!!

What a season it was!

LinkGaetzFan
05-25-2008, 08:39 PM
WOOOOOHOOOO!! vci34

Great effort boys! Form listening to the announcers and reading several articles, I'm sure most thought the Chiefs would get stomped tonight.

I'm pretty sure 3-4 WHL teams this season could have won the cup as well.

Jimmy
05-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Congrats guys :clap:

Jimmy
05-25-2008, 08:40 PM
WOOOOOHOOOO!! vci34

Great effort boys! Form listening to the announcers and reading several articles, I'm sure most thought the Chiefs would get stomped tonight.

I'm pretty sure 3-4 WHL teams this season could have won the cup as well.

Word... one of the only consolations I have for my Giants being out is the team that beat them went on to win the Memorial Cup. Still, glad it stayed in the dub.

dagley
05-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Long as it stays in the Dub, we all remain happy to some extent :)

Rocko
05-25-2008, 09:34 PM
To the be the Champs, you have to beat the Champs, and after dismantling my Giants, I knew you guys were going all the way. Congrats on a great season!! punk rock

Flathead
05-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Way to Go Chiefs! Congrats on an amazing season and making the Mem Cup a great event to watch this year. All anyone heard about was how Kitchner was going to walk through the tourny, well you guys beat them twice on their own ice and are very deserving of the cup! Again way to go and thanks for keeping the cup in the west!

AlanC
05-26-2008, 11:39 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Rooselk/Hockey/Silvertips/Chiefs-mc.jpg

Just have to make a minor edit to Rooselk's picture.... :)

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/AlanC_album/Chiefs-mc-broken.jpg

Rooselk
05-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Yep, that pic definitely needed a correction. :D

rinkrat
05-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Just have to make a minor edit to Rooselk's picture.... :)

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/AlanC_album/Chiefs-mc-broken.jpg

Absolutely hilarious, nice job! haha

tigerfan
05-26-2008, 08:20 PM
This truly had to be the funniest thing I have ever seen on tv to see Trevor's face looking at the broken cup was priceless, truly a mastercard moment. I had to watch it on Youtube about 10 times. The Kitchener fans that booed showed no class when this happened as the cup broke and was not dropped.
Glad an exTiger like Trevor Glass could help you out to win the cup. Who knows you might have him back next year.
Congratulations to all the players and fans.

Stay-Puft
05-27-2008, 09:11 AM
I didn't get to see the end as my DVR didn't record long enough, but I saw the cup breaking on the "Today" show this morning as they showed a clip of it. They mentioned that it was a replica and not the real one. Don't know.

Anyway, congratulations to the Chiefs in a great Cup run.