PDA

View Full Version : Who Can Fill Bruts' Skates

Rebelchild
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
At the rally when the guys got home there was some discussion going around on who might wear the C next year. Unlike last year, when I had no doubt Bruts would be the captain, next year doesn't seem quite so clear. I am sure I don't have if anyone else has any thoughts on the subject. Mine are marginally too jumbled as I think that there are several that might be options. What do you guys think?

LifelongChiefsFan
06-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Yeah, it isn't very clear cut and I think it will depends on who ends up going and who stays. A lot of people probably won't agree with this, but I think if Falk stays he will be named captain. No real reason in particular just a hunch. However the odds of Falk coming back are pretty slim, so we are probably looking at 4 getting a shot at the C imo, those being: Glass, Spurgeon, McCrae, and Compton.

As cool as it would be to see Compton get the C, I don't think he will just for the fact that he probably won't get enough ice time. You hardly ever see third and fourth liners get the captaincy although it's not out of the question. Spurgeon I think would more likely wear the A again, which would leave it between Glass and McCrae. In this case I think that McCrae will get the C. He is the player that comes closest to filling the hole that Bruton will leave and was captain of the Blades before he got traded. Any of the four would make good captains though and I don't think you can go wrong with any. But I think this is how it will shake out:

C - McCrae
A - Compton
A - Spurgeon
A - Glass

Bowman will once again wear the A when one of the four above is out.

HomerSimpson
06-03-2008, 01:28 PM
While McCrae has served as a captain already in the WHL, I think that Glass is more of a primetime player for the Chiefs, and thus I would give him the edge. He could have been a captain for us this year...what he brought to our backend after the deadline was simply experienced veteran leadership.

C - Glass
A's - Any of Compton, Spurgeon, McCrae, Bowman, Reddington, or Wahl...all are leaders on the ice.

Chief Jeff
06-03-2008, 07:52 PM
I think it is Compton with the C, with Glass, Spurgeon, Mccrae and Wahl in the mix

Rebelchild
06-04-2008, 01:41 PM
I have heard several people mention both Glass and Spurgeon. In regards to Seth not getting enough ice time to be C - with Bruts, Judders and Rudy all gone next year how do you think that is going to affect the lines and so affect Seth? I haven't really had a chance to spend time talking to Trevor. I have got to spend some time with Seth and I think he has a great attitude and if he were put in the position to be C I think that he would surprise a lot of people at how much he would bring to the table. (Besides, we all know that the AMs have to dislike our Captain intensely and from what I have heard there is not a lot of love from them to Seth.) He is a pretty neat young man. For the A's - I think that Wahly and Reddington might be good choices too. Mitch has a great attitude toward the team, the game and the other guys. To me, Mike is just a rock solid individual on and off the ice.

In talking about it, trying to decide next year is a lot harder than what I hope we will be working with in a couple years and our younger players are more mature. I think that in that time frame Tyler and Levko will both be strong candidates for leading the Chiefs. A lot of work ethic and integrity in those two.

Only about 3 or 4 months to go and we can stop debating it because someone else will decide for us! LOL Just get the guys back on the ice!

HomerSimpson
06-05-2008, 09:03 AM
I have heard several people mention both Glass and Spurgeon. In regards to Seth not getting enough ice time to be C - with Bruts, Judders and Rudy all gone next year how do you think that is going to affect the lines and so affect Seth? I haven't really had a chance to spend time talking to Trevor. I have got to spend some time with Seth and I think he has a great attitude and if he were put in the position to be C I think that he would surprise a lot of people at how much he would bring to the table. (Besides, we all know that the AMs have to dislike our Captain intensely and from what I have heard there is not a lot of love from them to Seth.) He is a pretty neat young man. For the A's - I think that Wahly and Reddington might be good choices too. Mitch has a great attitude toward the team, the game and the other guys. To me, Mike is just a rock solid individual on and off the ice.

In talking about it, trying to decide next year is a lot harder than what I hope we will be working with in a couple years and our younger players are more mature. I think that in that time frame Tyler and Levko will both be strong candidates for leading the Chiefs. A lot of work ethic and integrity in those two.

Only about 3 or 4 months to go and we can stop debating it because someone else will decide for us! LOL Just get the guys back on the ice!

Koper and Johnson both project as leaders, definitely. But I think we'll be lucky to have Koper back as an OA because he's going to be a high pick in the NHL.

I think when Tim Speltz and co. drafted Mike Reddington, they drafted him as a future captain of this team. IMO he has alot of the same qualities as a Barrett Jackman type player, and is already proving to be a dynamic defender in this league; a guy who's not going to get pushed around, and will stick up for his teammates.

I still like Glass and McCrae. In spite of the fact that Compton has been here for so long, and that he is a very good player for our team, I just think that he's not the right fit for our captaincy. One thing I would like to see is a shift towards youth; it would be nice to have someone captain the team for more than 1 year at a time. I think it would be nice to have an 18 or 19 YO captain who's going to lead the team for the next 2-3 years.