PDA

View Full Version : blades 08-09 20's

wango tango
06-04-2008, 11:43 AM
it was about this time last year molleken dealt for durand, any trade talks going on? i'm guessing reich will be back as a 20. leaves two spots open. one a defenseman, one forward?

i'm guessing no action on the overagers until after the nhl entry draft, maybe not till training camp starts.

the euro draft will happen before then, and we'll know if sasktoon gets the world juniors or not.

Tidball
06-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Since Klotz signed he will not be back. Reich should stay(Unless Lorne can find more Durands and Fiala's)

I dont expect our D to be messed with. Heres the reason why

Zahn - Niemi
Klassen - Elliott
Funk - Berg
Sohn (And about 10 others fighting to make it)

Thats a perfectly fine D-line. No need for a 20 there.

Mike McAngus, Justin McCrae, lol are some 20's. Depape i believe is also avaliable. I'd love to get Depape.

Scout
06-04-2008, 05:23 PM
There were three cities trying to land the World Juniors, Halifax, Winnipeg and Saskatoon. It appears Halifax is a long shot and the battle seems to be between Saskatoon and Winnipeg. I'm guessing if Winnipeg gets it the games will be split between Winnipeg and Brandon. If Saskatoon lands it then Regina will also get games. Distance from each city is about the same. Now Winnipeg has a newer arena and a bigger drawing area. That could work in their favor. Also i heard Saskatoon is trying for the Memorial cup the same year. Hard to give a city both in the same year. The strike against Winnipeg is they don't have a junior team. I guess we will find out in July who wins. Heck it could still be given to Halifax.

Scout

Trav
06-04-2008, 10:29 PM
especially if his skating doesn't greatly improve. The Blades also have quite a few young d-men that can play this upcoming season, Sohn, W. Klassen, Howrey or something like that apparently looked at the spring camp so Berg will be in tough.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
06-06-2008, 07:03 PM
I would trade Depape for Funk straight up without hesitation.

Douglas
06-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Berg - not just his skating, I've seen him standing still while the play goes on around. Given that he sat 9 of the last 10 games at the end of the season, I'm thinking he's in tough.

wango tango
06-09-2008, 09:54 AM
I would trade Depape for Funk straight up without hesitation.

not going to happen. at best 20's are dealt for a high round bantam pick. definately not a roster player.

patsdude114
06-09-2008, 03:10 PM
not going to happen. at best 20's are dealt for a high round bantam pick. definately not a roster player.

Very rarely do you give up a high bantam pick for a 20 yr old, cause in the end a 20 yr old who doesnt make the roster gets cut and is free to go where he wants if teams comes for his services. Actually i think its like a waiver could be wrong though.

But you are right not too often you give up a roster player for a 20 yr old especially at the begining of the season, and even more so if your name happens to be Depape. At best for a guy like Depape you would prob get like a 5th round pick. Unless he gets thrown into a major deal, which Parker is looking to move 1 of his goaltenders could be a guy like Depape or MacAngus in the deal as well.

It would be nice to see the Blades keep Reich around, just think with him in the roster thats 8 wins against the Pats lol Reich gets the Pats very rattled. Reich does his job well no questions asked about that, prob 1 of the most hated players in the Eastern Conference.

Tidball
06-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Very rarely do you give up a high bantam pick for a 20 yr old, cause in the end a 20 yr old who doesnt make the roster gets cut and is free to go where he wants if teams comes for his services. Actually i think its like a waiver could be wrong though.

But you are right not too often you give up a roster player for a 20 yr old especially at the begining of the season, and even more so if your name happens to be Depape. At best for a guy like Depape you would prob get like a 5th round pick. Unless he gets thrown into a major deal, which Parker is looking to move 1 of his goaltenders could be a guy like Depape or MacAngus in the deal as well.

It would be nice to see the Blades keep Reich around, just think with him in the roster thats 8 wins against the Pats lol Reich gets the Pats very rattled. Reich does his job well no questions asked about that, prob 1 of the most hated players in the Eastern Conference.
I think reich was voted the most annoying played in the league. Nelson came in 2nd... who got Reich's vote, lol.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-29-2008, 10:16 PM
As of right now the Blades do have the limit: Reich,Joe,and Klotz (he has a 50/50 chance to return) If Klotz does not return there are some good 20 yr old forwards that maybe could be had at a price obviously..... Keegan Dansereau, Brennan Bosch just to name a couple.

Tidball
07-01-2008, 12:15 AM
As of right now the Blades do have the limit: Reich,Joe,and Klotz (he has a 50/50 chance to return) If Klotz does not return there are some good 20 yr old forwards that maybe could be had at a price obviously..... Keegan Dansereau, Brennan Bosch just to name a couple.

No, Klotz has committed to the Phantoms.

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-01-2008, 03:21 PM
No, Klotz has committed to the Phantoms.
Ok I did not know that so the Blades still will have to go after one more 20 year old player to reach the limit of 3. Any guesses as to if it will be another forward or d-man I am going to say 2 fowards and 1 defencemen will fill up those three spots.

Tidball
07-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Ok I did not know that so the Blades still will have to go after one more 20 year old player to reach the limit of 3. Any guesses as to if it will be another forward or d-man I am going to say 2 fowards and 1 defencemen will fill up those three spots.

I sure hope we can land Dansereau, MacAngus, or Depape..... in order.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
07-03-2008, 12:26 AM
I sure hope we can land Dansereau, MacAngus, or Depape..... in order.

You guys will probably end up with Depape, and chances are he lights it up with you guys.

I just know that ****er is going to burn us, unlike he did to anyone else during his short tenure with Regina.

wango tango
07-03-2008, 11:20 AM
You guys will probably end up with Depape, and chances are he lights it up with you guys.

I just know that ****er is going to burn us, unlike he did to anyone else during his short tenure with Regina.

dansereau is the most talented out of the bunch, his motivation is always a question. would molleken bring back macangus for a second tour of duty? depape never seems to fulfill potential.

don't think we'll see anything done with the final 20 spot until closer to camp and when it's clear who is coming back or not.