PDA

View Full Version : Dudas to re-enter draft

Scout
06-04-2008, 01:31 PM
It's now official that the Columbis Blue Jackets and Bronco D-Man Jesse Dudas did not sign before the June 1st deadline. This means Jesse can re-enter the draft for 2008. This also means there is a very good chance of Jesse returning to the Broncos for next season. The Blue Jackets, who were always high on Dudas have went thru a regime change and Jesse along with Ben Wright of Lethbridge don't seem to fit in their plans anymore.

Scout

CrazyGeorge
06-06-2008, 03:37 PM
There has been some threads talking about who will return and not return and stuff like that...I think a lot of the responses are who people want to return and that's fine because we all have an opinion. We know Steiler won't be returning and looks like Nelson won't either. Are the other 6 possibilities to return? What's the likelood of any or all? This is part of the season really gets me curious and starting to speculate on a variety of things like we all do.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
06-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Pats fan here (duh). I come in peace!

You guys look to have the most interesting OA situation in the league. Though Id say it will be easier to decide than it appears.

For one thing, Im sure that one of the three forwards are going to be traded. Having Dudas back in the equation almost confirms that. Smith is the best OA player the broncos have (I dont like him or his flying elbows but its still true), though he could still get a late pick in the draft and go pro. He also had an amateur tryout with the canucks and might get signed to pro and stick there.

But for the arguement's sake, lets say Smith stays.

Now, during the playoffs, Dansereau was IMO the Bronco's best player next to Yonkman, and Smith. However, I bet that Chynoweth & friends are more high on Weise due to regular season performance and a decent playoff. Personally I think something clicked with Dansereau in the playoffs, and I think he is the better player, but I still see him going if it comes to choosing between the three. I've never seen anything amazing with Weise, but then again Ive only seen him play like 6-7 times. I dont even remember him last season. Obviously thats all irrelevant when maknig a decision.

Also, Dudas will be back, since he wasnt signed and probably wont be drafted. The broncos desperately need defencemen anyways. Yonkman will stay or go depending on the readiness of guggenberger. If Googy (you can use the nickname if you like, easier to type and reminds me of cookie monster) has a great camp, Yonkman will leave before the OA cut-off date.

In summary, I see Weise and Dudas staying for sure. If Smith doesnt get drafted, he will stay too, and Yonkman and Dansereau will both go for fairly good prices. Dansereau will probably be traded eventually, if not in the offseason, and if Yonkman stays due to Googy not being ready, than I seen Weise going...though googy had really good numbers last year and it would be better for the overall team if he was the #1 guy.

The pats, on the other hand, will have to wait until camp to fix their OA situation.

Scout
06-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Come in peace huh. Lol I like that.

Scout