PDA

View Full Version : 2008/2009 Prospects Spokane

Scout
06-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Not sure how many of you go into WHL General Discussion at the top of the forums page, but our good friend and fellow whlfans poster Alan Caldwell has started his Prospect preview. Only includes players on the protected list who did not play full time in the WHL.

Scout

nivek_wahs
06-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Here's the link to Alan Caldwell's blog... Spokane's Prospects (http://smallatlarge.blogspot.com/2008/06/08-09-prospects-spokane.html)

HomerSimpson
06-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks friends!

Chief Jeff
06-07-2008, 10:01 PM
So which of these new faces make the team next year? I see Reid as the back-up G, and baring a trade 3-4 forwards will need to be added (Conrad,Betz,Gal) and I have heard that Kichton is a possibilty on D as well. Anyone think any of these five will/won't be in Spokane next year? And if they do bring up a young D-man who is out?

HomerSimpson
06-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Have to think Gal is on the team next year since he was a reserve for the playoff run. If we lose one of the defensemen (Glass, Falk) then Kichton is my pick. I think Betz and Conrad will both compete for spots, and both should be on the team. So, I guess my answer is yes to Gal, probably to Betz, Conrad and Kichton. IMO it's James Reid's job to lose as the backup goaltender for us; Armstrong was played less and less during the season until he was benched completely in favor of Tokarski for the playoffs. We all knew it was coming; Army won't be back next year as an OA unless something drastic changes between now and then.

Steven Kuhn should get a long look as a depth guy, much the way Donaghy was for us this year. The team seems pretty high on Kuhn, even though he wasn't drafted.

Chief Jeff
06-10-2008, 09:14 PM
If Falk goes pro and Kichton makes the team that leaves 8 D-men. I think Bartman or Coyle would have to be traded under that scenario. BTW did Bartman make the final ISS top 200? How would that be for depth....guy is drafted and doesn't even play in the playoffs.

LifelongChiefsFan
06-10-2008, 09:45 PM
I still think the Chiefs will get another veteran player from somewhere before the season starts. A lot of Ams fans think that Birch could command a solid player in return and if that's the case, I'd be very interested to see what Army could get us if a team is really looking to get a goalie (however his 1 year of eligibility left could be a drawback in trading him).

I agree about the D as well. Right now, even if Falk doesn't come back, the Chiefs' still have 7 with Coyle and Bartman. I think the Chiefs would go with that 7 to start rotating Jace and Brett, assuming all the others stay healthy. If Falk comes back I would think that one of them would be traded, to get more ice time. Both those guys are deserving of being a regular imo.

HomerSimpson
06-11-2008, 11:06 AM
I still think Kichton gets a look. Bartman has also been used on the wing; and the team stuck with 8 d-men this year. Kichton will be the 8th man in the rotation, but with Cowen most likely gone for a period of time and injuries being a distinct possibility, I think it would be the way to go. Armstrong should fetch us a decent depth forward, and that should leave us in pretty good shape going into next season. Gal and Betz seem like quality rookies that can probably play every night, and Conrad will be a good 13th forward for our system.