PDA

View Full Version : Pats Finalize Lease

nivek_wahs
06-12-2008, 06:39 PM
http://www.reginapats.com/News/326/

PATS FINALIZE LEASE

Regina, Saskatchewan – The Regina Pats Hockey Club has signed a three (3) year lease which was presented by the Regina Exhibition Association. This now enables the WHL Club to continue having the use of the Brandt Centre.

The Hockey Club has been requesting that IPSCO Place provide them with a five to ten year lease, to no avail. The two parties have been in negotiations since mid- March.

Pats President, Russ Parker, said “Our Organization is not pleased with the overall lease; however, we intend to do our utmost to be successful under the terms of this document. Furthermore, under one of the terms of the lease, we are prohibited from discussing any further aspects of this document.”

The signed lease now allows the hockey team to provide available dates to the Western Hockey League Office, in order for them to proceed with Monday’s scheduling meetings in Calgary.

- 30 -

patsdude114
06-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Pats President, Russ Parker, said “Our Organization is not pleased with the overall lease; however, we intend to do our utmost to be successful under the terms of this document. Furthermore, under one of the terms of the lease, we are prohibited from discussing any further aspects of this document.”

Has the Parkers EVER been happy with a lease that they have signed with IPSCO Place or Regina Exhibition Park. I could be wrong but this is there 3rd lease agreement they have went thru since the Parkers have owned this team, and not once have the Parker's ever came out and said they are happy that it got down, and happy with the length and other things involved in it. The Parkers are a very greedy bunch and think the world floats around them way to much. I like Mr. Brent Parker dont get me wrong, have exchanged more then a few emails with Mr. Parker over the years and talked face to face for brief moments at games and such, but i think its enough already with how they always come into the press saying they arnt happy with the lease they agreed too. If you dont like the lease dont sign it work something out that is appealing to both sides then.

As much good as the Parker's have done for this franchise this team will never be champions as long as the Parkers own the Pats. Maybe 1 year Parker might learn to stay out of the dressing room and let the coach control the team. Parker is the GM control the office stuff an other related hockey things that come along the way (ie. trades, talking with scouts ect..)

I really wish Mr. Parker would step down as GM this season and hire someone who is capable of running a franchise. Thing is though i dont think maybe GMs would take this job as long as the Parker's are in control of the franchise. I got this feeling that Brent would still have his say in things that go on with the duties of a GM and other available GMs out there dont want to have someone breathing down their necks. This team finally has some good young prospects to build around. Eberle, Teubert, Leffler, Weal, Bosch to name a few just a few pieces here and there and this team could be a elite team in the league to actually challenge for a championship.