PDA

View Full Version : Showdown on Renfrew, Game 6

Jovorock
04-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Hugh game tonite, will the Rockets knock out the Giants or will there be a game seven?

kelownakarl
04-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Momentum is a killer

Jovorock
04-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Momentum is a killer
The Rockets have to take it to the Giants and keep the momentum. I think it is Kelowna's advantage to go back to back nights.

Did anyone hear if one or both teams got out last night or did they wait and goto Vancity this AM?

kevanie97
04-02-2005, 02:08 PM
They left right after the game last night

Jovorock
04-02-2005, 02:17 PM
They left right after the game last night
coquilhalla was closed last night around 10pm?

rinkrat
04-02-2005, 02:38 PM
coquilhalla was closed last night around 10pm?

there is another highway...the hope princeton.Quite a concept,I know.

Sput
04-02-2005, 03:21 PM
They would have to go the Hope/Princeton way if they wanted to go last night. The guys would all be sleeping anyway so why not stay on the bus for a little longer? It will make the bus legs situation that much more interesting.

Kassian
04-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Momentum is a killer

Agreed. Which is why the Rockets will win tonight. :(

mccabe23
04-02-2005, 04:20 PM
there is another highway...the hope princeton.Quite a concept,I know.

ahhhhh Getting a little angry Bobloblaw? Don't worry....you'll be put out of your misery soon enough. Perhaps when you have no hockey in Vancouver, you can treat your son to a Rockets game in Kelowna. Beers on us! and a pop for the smart one in your family! :thumb:

C.F
04-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I really think the end has come. :(

Win or lose, It's been a great series.

rinkrat
04-02-2005, 04:37 PM
McCabe,I thought you took your ball and went home!

Quote...
"That's fine. I will save you all the hassle of babysitting me as this will be my last post. Best wishes and Go Rockets."

Chipper
04-02-2005, 04:42 PM
The Giants are in the biggest game of there team history, I think they will be sweating blood to show there fans they are in this series to the end. I think the Rockets will win the series, but I wouldn't be suprised to see the Giant play the game of the year tonite. Still think it will go seven.

mccabe23
04-02-2005, 04:43 PM
McCabe,I thought you took your ball and went home!

Quote...
"That's fine. I will save you all the hassle of babysitting me as this will be my last post. Best wishes and Go Rockets."

Well, with the 9 emails and 2 private messages for me to come back, I saw the light. Sorry to disappoint you, Mr. Bob. :laugh:

rinkrat
04-02-2005, 04:45 PM
no dissapointment McCabe,I enjoy reading your posts.They are usually thoughtfull,and usually not inflammatory.Just giving you a poke back!Good luck tonight its gonna be the best game of the series.

Knuckles Muldoon
04-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Agreed. Which is why the Rockets will win tonight. :(

Kass and CF. You turncoats are depressing the hell out of me :( . I'll be there with optimism or I won't be there at all. Good thing you guys don't play for the Giants, if you did you could save everyone a bus trip and a Saturday night and forfeit the series. Now step it up you two! Man-up time! And make sure you have nothing scheduled for Wednesday evening!

C.F
04-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Believe me, I'll be there at the PC screaming my lungs out all game. I think the Giants can do it, but if I were to put money on a team, it would be Kelowna. Besides, my optimism seems to make the Giants do worse. ;)

Sorry for th negativity Knuckles, it won't happen again. :) Go Giants!

Jovorock
04-02-2005, 06:01 PM
I really think the end has come. :(

Win or lose, It's been a great series.
With Brule and Courchaine around anything is possible!

Chipper
04-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Well, with the 9 emails and 2 private messages for me to come back, I saw the light. Sorry to disappoint you, Mr. Bob. :laugh:
I'm glad to see you back and posting your views again. Always enjoy your posts whether I agree or not lol :thumb:

mccabe23
04-02-2005, 06:51 PM
I'm glad to see you back and posting your views again. Always enjoy your posts whether I agree or not lol :thumb:

In a perfect world, we'd all get along but it just doesn't happen. We all share one thing in common and that's the love for junior hockey. :thumb:

kelownakarl
04-02-2005, 06:55 PM
In a perfect world, we'd all get along but it just doesn't happen. We all share one thing in common and that's the love for junior hockey. :thumb:

Well personally I am glad your back, I enjoy your insight and all and heck it is great to have another warm body around these parts! Cheers!

C.F
04-03-2005, 01:42 AM
Well...this is tough to swallow. It was a night of intensity, fun, joy, tears...The Giants played their hearts out in the third period, but it just wasn't enough. In the end, the problems the Giants have had all season came crashing down on them in the past three games. Inconsistancy, defence, Schwarz. Although dissapointed, I'm proud of the boys. They showed heart that I never knew they had.

I also want to mention how much I'll miss our 20 year olds, especially Courchaine and Grant. They've been the backbone of our team from the beginning. Both played their hearts out, and they deserve better than a first round knock out. Good luck boys, i'm sure we'll here from you guys in the future.

Good luck Rockets, I'm sure you guys will go far.

:(

Beaner
04-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Great series, too bad its over. Could have watched that kind of hockey for the rest of the playoffs.

Best of the luck the rest of the rockets, and here's to hoping your next series is as exciting and entertaining to watch as the Giants/Kelowna games have been all year.

DoubleDee
04-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks to all the great Vancouver fans on this board who have made this series an interesting one to talk about (not to mention watch - lol)! It could have gone either way.

Let us not forget it was only a few short years ago that this was an expansion team! Junior hockeys is alive in your town and let’s hope all of those 16,000 plus fans show up again next year. Dollar for dollar the best sport to watch for your money!

mccabe23
04-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Thanks to all the great Vancouver fans on this board who have made this series an interesting one to talk about (not to mention watch - lol)! It could have gone either way.

Let us not forget it was only a few short years ago that this was an expansion team! Junior hockeys is alive in your town and let’s hope all of those 16,000 plus fans show up again next year. Dollar for dollar the best sport to watch for your money!

DoubleDee....Break out the shorts!!!! :laugh:

kevanie97
04-03-2005, 05:24 PM
well Giant fans, you have no reason to hang your head, your team for the first time to me showed heart and that they are turning the corner in that regards, lets not forget before Habby showed up in K-Town the Rockets have never gotten past the 1st round ever, Habby changed that as i believe Hayes will as well for you guys.

The difference in the series came down to 2 things for me, our goalie was more consistent then yours overall and conditioning. Kelowna plays a playoff style of hockey from game 1 of the regular season till the end of the playoffs and are conditioned to do so, we are relentless in pursuit of the puck and take away all time and space.Teams can usually keep up for a game or so and then a period or so the rest of the way be then wilt.Vancouver hit hard and often the 1st 2 games then slowed down IMO and we didn't.

I also think Yeomans is being labeled unfairly as a goaltender and would have to say at this point is as good as Guard was last year, he faces a lot more shots then Kelly did and has done an excellent job but as Guard didn't get no respect from his peers, neither does Derek.........but us Rcoket fans no better.The save he made in the final 45 seconds of last nights game(sliding across left to right and stopping a shot point blank from 8 feet) is testament enough to that point and proved he is clutch at crunchtime.

Jovorock
04-03-2005, 06:11 PM
I have to laugh now that the Province paper picked the Giants to win the series and gave them the edge in all aspects of the game except expierence.

Truitt wasn't out coached, Hay did a better job in games 1-3 and Truitt did a better job in games 4-6.

Schwarz didn't play better than Yeomans, after watching the hugh rebounds that Merek gave out asks a question, how did he become this highly touted of a goaltender? I wonder what St. Louis is thinking?

Giants defense didn't stop a balanced scoring Rocket team, and Giants offense couldn't run and gun the Rocket defense.

Thanks to Beaner, Kassian, CF and the rest of the Giant fans for great talk back and forth. you guys are good hockey fans!

Kassian
04-03-2005, 08:26 PM
I have to laugh now that the Province paper picked the Giants to win the series and gave them the edge in all aspects of the game except expierence.

Truitt wasn't out coached, Hay did a better job in games 1-3 and Truitt did a better job in games 4-6.

Schwarz didn't play better than Yeomans, after watching the hugh rebounds that Merek gave out asks a question, how did he become this highly touted of a goaltender? I wonder what St. Louis is thinking?

Giants defense didn't stop a balanced scoring Rocket team, and Giants offense couldn't run and gun the Rocket defense.

I agree. When I read that I was laughing. It was like they forgot that the Giants were an underacheiving team that had a mediocre season. Not to mention they were so damn inconsistant. I found it hilarious that they were so confident the Giants would win. Like I said from the start, I picked Kelowna to win and I'm not surprised one bit that they did win. The only thing I'm surprised about is that it took 6 games. I figured 5 would do it.

kevanie97
04-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Kassian I have to say and i don't say it often but respect your posts, they are intelligent, well thought and unbias.

I on the other hand thought 6 games was in order with Weber out but i wll say if he was in 5 games tops , with him in we don't blow two 3 goals leads but injuries are apart of the game, lets hope we go to London and he gets to play another this year for us.

Kassian
04-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Kassian I have to say and i don't say it often but respect your posts, they are intelligent, well thought and unbias.

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

Jovorock
04-04-2005, 05:48 AM
I found it hilarious that they were so confident the Giants would win.
I didn't have a problem with the Province picking the Giants to win, I laughed when they said the Giants had the edge in every catagory except EXPEIRNCE!

Kassian
04-04-2005, 08:50 AM
I didn't have a problem with the Province picking the Giants to win, I laughed when they said the Giants had the edge in every catagory except EXPEIRNCE!

Yeah I understand that. I agree as well. I thought the whole thing was a joke.

kelownakarl
04-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Kass.... Who do you think will step it up next year for the Giants in the absence of Courchaine on the top line.... Like who will be Brule's right hand man?

Kassian
04-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Kass.... Who do you think will step it up next year for the Giants in the absence of Courchaine on the top line.... Like who will be Brule's right hand man?

That is a really good question. It isn't easy to fill the shoes of a guy like Courchaine. I know the Giants have hopes for guys like Robinson, and David Rutherford. They also have high hopes for a guy like Kraus and hope he can step it up.

To be honest, I don't see any of them filling the shoes of a guy like Courchaine. I hope someone proves me wrong but I'm a little worried at this point to be honest.

kelownakarl
04-04-2005, 08:59 PM
That is a really good question. It isn't easy to fill the shoes of a guy like Courchaine. I know the Giants have hopes for guys like Robinson, and David Rutherford. They also have high hopes for a guy like Kraus and hope he can step it up.

To be honest, I don't see any of them filling the shoes of a guy like Courchaine. I hope someone proves me wrong but I'm a little worried at this point to be honest.

Yeah i geuss filling his shoes is a far fetched statement. I like Robinson, he is fast and has great vision.

kevanie97
04-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Robinson is fast and and has good vision but is way to shoft for the WHL to ever be a top end guy..........he is easily taken out of the game at this level.

My thoughts are Brule looks at what the Giants do over the summer and if they don't improve big time he won't be back. I know he has stated he will no matter what but once Crosby leaves junior hockey for either oversea's or the National team Brule will as well if the Giants haven't improved enough..........he would be stupid not to.

The Giants have lost 2 top end guys to the NCAA and I am sure that has concerned Brules agent.

Kassian
04-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Robinson is fast and and has good vision but is way to shoft for the WHL to ever be a top end guy..........he is easily taken out of the game at this level.

Agreed. Although Robinson really stepped it up towards the end of the season and during the playoffs. Before the guy didn't even know how to throw a check (or at least that is what we all thought). Then one game he comes out throwing the body all over the place and big surprise he got a lot more scoring opportunities. Funny how something as simple as finishing your checks can give you more time and space out there. Unfortunately for the Giants, it took Matt a long time to figure that out.

kelownakarl
04-04-2005, 10:47 PM
So this brings another topic to mind. Who is softer, Robinson or Justin Keller?

Has Keller ever seen a corner in a WHL arena?

Kassian
04-04-2005, 11:08 PM
So this brings another topic to mind. Who is softer, Robinson or Justin Keller?

Has Keller ever seen a corner in a WHL arena?

Robinson still needs to prove he can play like this consistantly before I'll believe that he has truly figured it out and decided to play that way for good. As of right now I don't have full confidence that he will.