PDA

View Full Version : Blades eye 2010 Cup

nivek_wahs
06-19-2008, 12:29 PM
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/sports/story.html?id=a436c6ea-0a20-4e82-ba7c-76996494ab3a

howley
06-19-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm waiting for a quote from a team rep to say "we are not that interested in hosting the world jr's or the memorial cup." Just to mix things up abit or atleast give the SP something new to write about

Scout
06-19-2008, 06:12 PM
You lost me on that howley. I can't see any of the Blades personal saying they don't really care if they get it. I know alot of the Blades staff and Jack along with all of them are pushing hard to get the World Juniors. It will mean upgrades and more than likley expansion for not only your arena but Regina as well. If they are successful in landing either it will put Saskatchewan on the map and pump millions into the economy. These guys are all working hard to get this and are on the short list along with Winnipeg and Halifax. I know Hockey Canada was very impressed with the presentation put forth and having not only both mayors from Regina and Saskatoon but also the Premier to lend support. If the World Juniors land in Saskatchewan there is a good chance the whole province will benefit.

Scout

howley
06-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Sorry, Sarcasm is sometimes hard to pick up on the net :)

All I was saying was that it seems as though the Star Phoenix writes an article every few days stating that the Blades are really trying to land the WJ's or the M.C, everytime Jack opens his mouth and mentions either event they are quoting it. All I was saying is I want to see Jack or someone from the team screw with the media and be like "we changed our minds, we want to focus on working the players into the shriners circus" just to give the Star Phoenix something new to write about. The old theory..."old news is not news"...applies.

i agree that both events would be incredible for the city and the province. I'd definitely be doing my happy dance if we got either.

Scout
06-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Now it makes sence. Your right the internet can make it sound different. Glad your on board. It would be great for the whole province if they get the World Juniors and if they landed both, which is far fetched but not impossible, you better step up howley and volunteer to help as i'm sure the Blades will need all the help thay can get.lol. I'm sure i will be recruited to help out or i hope i get a call. I guess we will know come July but good luck.

Scout