PDA

View Full Version : We may meet..

Brandon Wheatkings
04-02-2005, 12:15 PM
If MH disposes of the rebels,and we knock off the warriors we will meet in the second round.I was wondering what your team did to be so successful against the hurricanes?Do you think the w'kings will be a tougher opponent?If we happen to meet up it will be a great series.Was your team real physical in your latest series?

Hitmen1
04-02-2005, 12:40 PM
I think it would be a great series between our teams. We were successful against the Canes because of the following reasons:

1. Our top players showed up to play in every game except game 1. Ladd and Getzlaf were unstoppable.

2. We used a big size advantage. The Hitmen really hit the Canes at every opportunity.

3. Our penalty killing was great against the Canes powerplay. They scored just one power play goal and we even managed 2 short handed goals.

The Wheatkings have alot of fire power so I think you would be a bigger challenge then the Canes were, and besides, isn't each round suppose to get tougher? Personally, I would love to see this series but deep down I would love to see the Hitmen play the Rebels for obvious reasons.

RunTheGoalie
04-02-2005, 03:32 PM
The size difference was the biggest factor, imo. The Hitmen just beat down the Hurricanes with a relentless physical assault. You could see in several games that Lethbridge just got weaker and weaker as the game went on. Games 3 and 4 in the Dome especially.

ScottyWazz
04-02-2005, 04:08 PM
I'd like to see the Wheaties play the Hitmen. I think it'd be a nice match of fire power, hitting, and all-around great play.

Furback
04-02-2005, 06:36 PM
right now I would take the hitmen over the wheaties I think hitmen might come out of the east only time will tell.