PDA

View Full Version : chl import draft thursday

wango tango
06-23-2008, 11:29 AM
the blades pick 24 overall. pretty high. should be able to get a player they've identified.

lot's of guesses it'll be a finnish forward. you can probably scratch most russians off. lot's of uncertainty around them. seems like a weaker crop of czechs and slovaks. sweden seems pretty deep in prospects.

could molleken go for a younger player, like an 89 birthdate?

Trav
06-23-2008, 05:13 PM
I can see a Swede or a Finnish player being selected. One guy that id love to see here in Andre Pettersson from Sweden, he was a Senators pick on the weekend but....he was picked by a OHL team last year so if that team still has his rights, they'd get him if he decided to come over but I'm betting it'll be a Finn or Swede. 90 or 91 born player to. 89 would make him 19. If the Blades host the 2010 Memorial Cup, the Euro could play a big part of that if he's 17 or 18 this year.

Douglas
06-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Any specific position you think is being scouted for?

Trav
06-24-2008, 10:53 AM
forward.

wango tango
06-24-2008, 11:38 AM
I can see a Swede or a Finnish player being selected. One guy that id love to see here in Andre Pettersson from Sweden, he was a Senators pick on the weekend but....he was picked by a OHL team last year so if that team still has his rights, they'd get him if he decided to come over but I'm betting it'll be a Finn or Swede. 90 or 91 born player to. 89 would make him 19. If the Blades host the 2010 Memorial Cup, the Euro could play a big part of that if he's 17 or 18 this year.

got my birthdates mixed up. i'm hoping for a swedish or finnish forward 90 or 91 birthday, not an 89 as i posted earlier.