PDA

View Full Version : CHL Import Draft

RebelsFan
06-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Red Deer selects 1991 born Finnish defenceman Tommi Kivisto.
6' 1" 192LBS. Shoots left.

I see this to replace Valach as I don't see us having two Euro defenceman.

Shinyshoes
06-26-2008, 08:11 AM
According to the CHL website, his name is Tommy Kivisto, not Hivisto.

It was reported on the radio this morning that valach wont be back.

As for Kivisto, He is already ranked in the top 15 for next years draft, so he should be good. I am a little surprised they picked a defenceman, but he should be one of our top performers over the next couple of years.

He was a member of Finland's 2008 U-17 Team and had 2 goals, 2 assists and 10 PIM in 5 games in that tournament.

SectionNDeserter
06-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Excellent pick, he is a very good puck moving defenseman with good offensive instincts, that is also defensively responsible. A defenseman with good offensive instincts is an element that has been all but missing from the team pretty much since the minute Phaneuf turned pro.

His presence should take the pressure off some of the Rebel defensemen, and put a little on others, but I can't help but think his presence will make them all a little better.

RebelsFan
06-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Damned typo. I copied and pasted his name right form the draft page but couldn't find anything about him on google so I assumed there was a typo somewhere. Sounds like he could be a good one. I was surprised by a d-man as well but I think with Ferraro, & Redmond, Nugent-Hopkins, the Rebels think they have enough offensive power so far.