PDA

View Full Version : euro pick traded to kelowna

wango tango
06-26-2008, 11:24 AM
no more info at this point.

Trav
06-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Saskatoon traded the pick and a 5th round pick in 09 for Milan Kytnar who played there last year, didnt do much there though and Colin Joe.

Don't really like it but oh well.

wango tango
06-26-2008, 12:32 PM
to kelowna: 2008 euro pick, 2009 bantam draft 5th round pick

to saskatoon: colin joe, milan kytnar

i like it. joe will be a solid 20, kytnar will only improve.

Trav
06-26-2008, 12:38 PM
they could've gotten a good younger euro at the 24th spot. If it was just the 5th round pick for Joe then fine. Oh well, maybe I'll change my opinion once the season starts but right now im just wondering why they couldnt get a younger euro.

wango tango
06-26-2008, 04:52 PM
sounds like joe is being brought in to fill a leadership, mentorship roll, the kind of thing that's not measured in goals and assists.

as last year was kytnar's first coming over from europe i'd expect him to have a bigger season and in a better comfort zone.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-26-2008, 05:42 PM
I agree with Colin Joe being brought in to be a John Flatters type player,also with acquiring Milan Kytnar I think that the Blades staff may not have had the resources or contacts to draft a player so they traded for one who already played in the WHL. Maybe they thought that Milan Kytnar would be a good fit on the team? I am still unsure what I think of getting a 19 year old European player rather than trying to get a younger guy like Trav mentioned. Hopefully this works out for the Blades.

wango tango
06-26-2008, 09:25 PM
i think molleken has as many quality nhl contacts as anybody. i'm wondering if the player or players they wanted were taken earlier, so they made a deal with kelowna to fill a couple of needs at one time.

Tidball
06-28-2008, 01:35 PM
He'll bring in experience, and not much leadership. Kytnar will be perfect for the Gillies and Hulak line.