PDA

View Full Version : Captain Palin

mccabe23
04-02-2005, 04:41 PM
As Brett Palin gets raked through the coals on the other board, I felt the need to say Brett Palin is a great kid and awesome player! Brett has been a favorite of mine since day one. I remember watching training camp the first few years Brett was here as a 16-17 year old. He worked hard and fought 2-3 times each scrimage. He took on anything that moved out there. I knew he'd be a gem in this league.

You don't watch Pails for his offensive touch. You watch him for his gritty, in your face style that made him a premier defensive d-man. And the past two years, he has scored some VERY timely goals.

I get a kick out of peopl saying he's all talk and scared to fight. He has fought alot in his time here and has earned his stripes. How many times did he and Paul Brown go at it?

I had the honor to meet Brett off the ice and a classier, polite kid you'll never meet. Brett should be the next painting on the "Wall of Fame" in Prospera Place! Way to go Brett! You are loved in Kelowna and that's all that matters!!

Knuckles Muldoon
04-02-2005, 05:30 PM
I like Palin too, and have no problem with him at all. The way I see it, him and Fistric are guys you want on your team. They are two tough, proud guys who stick up for themselves, their mates and their organizations. Would us fans really want to see anything different from that? I don't think so. Neither guy always plays by Marquis de Queensbury rules, but why should that matter? They play hard, play with character and play to win. Those kinds of guys are the reason why I love the dub in the first place. And I can't wait to see how Palin plays in game 7. ;)

Jovorock
04-02-2005, 06:08 PM
McCabe remember Palin and Gorges as rookies? They spent more time as a forward that year than defense. There was alot of injuries to the forwards so these two 16 year old defensemen got icetime up on the wing.

I know what you are saying Knuckles, you Giant fans hate Palin and we hate Fistric. I would love Fistric if he was on our team. These two young men stand up for their teamates and are full of heart.

mccabe23
04-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Aside from Cunning, the guy I hate most on Vancouver is Fistric. That being said, you are right Jovo, I'd love him on my team anyday! You can keep Cunning though. lol

kelownakarl
04-02-2005, 06:54 PM
I think Palin spent more time in the press box as a 16 year old. He only dressed for 35 games that year I believe. But he was used at forward like you mention. Palin has become a steady, realiable leader for the Rockets and it is great so see an undrafted guy come through the ranks like he has. It will be tough to replace him after this season thats forsure.

kelownakarl
04-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Just reading over the playoff stats thus far from the first round and Palin is tied for top scoring D-man in the league. Way to go.