PDA

View Full Version : Games on TV

Tinner
04-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Boy, I sure would have thought that between the WHL and the sports networks or even some local or provincial channels, there would have been an agreement struck to broadcast more games than are currently scheduled. Production costs, I guess, is the main reason, but I sure enjoyed watching them. :skeptical

Sput
04-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Don't you think though, that as hockey starved as we are in Canada that the costs would be more than made up once people knew the WHL, or OHL and QMHL for that matter, were on TV? Maybe they are afraid that if to many people found out about these great juniour leagues, that it might take some viewers away from the NHL, if it ever comes back.

kelownakarl
04-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Ya I forsure would have thought Sportsnet would have stepped up their CHL programming alot more then they did.... Even their AHL coverage was brutal. I mean there must have been stretches of a month without an AHL game on.

Whatever I do not miss the NHL, I am happy with the CHL and Junior A.

RDRebelsfan
04-02-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm almost wishing we did not have Express Vu now, I cannot watch the games on Shaw and apperently Star Choice is showing them from what I heard. Ah well.

Beaner
04-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Boy, I sure would have thought that between the WHL and the sports networks or even some local or provincial channels, there would have been an agreement struck to broadcast more games than are currently scheduled. Production costs, I guess, is the main reason, but I sure enjoyed watching them. :skeptical

I think the TV Networks and the CHL dropped the ball on this.

Production could have been toned down to show these games (less cameras etc.), and the CBC could have done Games for Saturday night, as opposed to Stupid Movie night.
Most of the crew and commentators are still on salary, does it make sense to pay Ron Mclean to announce Movies?

If they just looked at their numbers for viewership of the World Juniors, they would have seen there was a great potential to sell their product.

Spungy
04-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Great points made! I have thought the same thing throughout the season

The_Vulk
04-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't know if it has anything to do with the contract SHAW has to air regional games.

If it is, then that is too bad.