PDA

View Full Version : Rivalries

Bugsy
07-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Who would you say is your home team's biggest rival? Hitmen fans really hate the Kootenay Ice. Almost insanely. At the tedy bear toss game against Prince George, the fans started chanting "Kootenay Sucks"!

DOF
07-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Hands down the Chiefs, we don't like them to much down here in the Tri-Cities..

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
07-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Basically anyone we play more than once, really.

You would think MJ, but thats just because of annoying fans. Its been getting more heated though, with the bench brawls at the end of the game. Next year it will mainly be SC, because of the controversy from last playoff series. Here is hoping some of their cheapshot artists that didnt get punished (unlike all the pats offences that did warrent suspensions) are back next year.

And I think that we will probably clash with the Tigers this year because of the pats rough and tumble style, and most of them being speedy midgets (their whole top line will be under 5'9 next year).

And I always hate the blades.

Coyote14
07-04-2008, 08:20 PM
The Bruins and Giants have a pretty good rivalry going. Being 100 km away from each other helps spark the rivalry between the fans since we get to see each other, but the two playoff series played against one another have been a huge part in the rivalry. The Bruins also seem to have a good rivalry against PG since we've had two line brawls with them since our team came into the league.

3rebels
07-04-2008, 09:38 PM
With Red Deer it seems to be our provincial rivals, Hitmen, Tigers, 'Canes, and Oil Kings. Every game seems to be for all the marbles, all the time. Great entertainment though !!
Boogaard'd

LifelongChiefsFan
07-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Hands down the Chiefs, we don't like them to much down here in the Tri-Cities..

I think it's safe to say this one goes both ways. ;)

d-man
07-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Next year it will mainly be SC, because of the controversy from last playoff series. Here is hoping some of their cheapshot artists that didnt get punished (unlike all the pats offences that did warrent suspensions) are back next year.

Yep that pretty much says it for the Broncos. The Pats have definitely replaced the Tigers over the last two years.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
07-05-2008, 10:59 AM
It always has and still is the Tigers due to thier close proximity and until this year they have had our number big time. Lately the Hitmen have come a close second because we played them the last 3 years we were in the playoffs. Also they are the "big city" and we little people luv to beat them. For me personally, the Hitmen are the number one rival, but overall the Tigers are still probably number 1.

DOF
07-05-2008, 11:23 AM
That was a good one Chiefsfan. The way I look at it is the Ams are the Chiefs little brother, always better than us and seems not to go our way most of the time. We had the chance last year to get off the mat and make a stand, we came close but could not pull the game 7 out in our own building. So we will continue to be haunted by the Chiefs, by the way CONGRATS on the Memorial Cup. Unlike some Ams fans I appreciate good teams and good hockey regardless if I dislike them, watched every game and was rooting for the Chiefs. I will personally congratulate the Chiefs at the Ams tourney when they come out of the tunnel....

Rebelchild
07-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Defiitely Tri-Cities. Personally, I think it went a little overboard this year. Rivalry is a good thing. A good rivalry is even better. But there needs to be a healthy portion of respect there too, especially for the players on both teams. I think that it will be a long time coming before we see another year like this last one. Tri has a banner. Their first ever. I hope no one cheapens that accomplishement whether you are an AMs fan or a Chiefs fans. The only thing that would have made the Chiefs year any better is if Tri's guys had NOT held it together and got the win that that gave them that banner. However, we returned the favor and got that last win when we needed it too. So here's to the fantastic teams of 2007/2008 for both the Chiefs (Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! clrkthj ) and the AMs. May the rivalry continue. Thank goodness that starts up again soon!

PGFlyfisher
07-05-2008, 02:33 PM
The biggest rivalry for the Cougars and their fans would most likely be our closest opponent, the Blazers.
However, many of the fans in our section relish a RARE victory over the Giants, simply because we always seem to be the underdog.

PLAYER
07-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I would say the rilvary between Seattle and Everett is pretty good... I used to love anyone who could beat Constatine's silvertips..now I just feel bad for the silvertips team who has to play under Becanic.. vc1tt

the flying moose
07-05-2008, 05:49 PM
The biggest rivalry for the Cougars and their fans would most likely be our closest opponent, the Blazers.
However, many of the fans in our section relish a RARE victory over the Giants, simply because we always seem to be the underdog.

The past two seasons I've enjoyed watching the Cougars-Blazers games. Makes for good hockey. I hope both teams are close to equal this year and that will make for some good, hard fought games.

DOF
07-05-2008, 06:15 PM
We knew that the Chiefs and Ams series was going to be a barn burner, and it was even better. Love the rivalry we have with the Chiefs and we FINALLY got our first banner but the Chiefs got the big prize. We will see you when the season starts and hope we get another banner in our barn.....

Bocephus
07-06-2008, 10:36 AM
It always has and still is the Tigers due to thier close proximity and until this year they have had our number big time. Lately the Hitmen have come a close second because we played them the last 3 years we were in the playoffs. Also they are the "big city" and we little people luv to beat them. For me personally, the Hitmen are the number one rival, but overall the Tigers are still probably number 1.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I love seeing Desjardins viens pop on his forehead when he is agitated. As far as Kisio goes...I really really really dislike the guy. I guess it stems from the close proximity of the cities but also the head coaches.

rednex50
07-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Bruins - Giants is the top of the list...especially from the bruins perspective...don't think the Giants have been really worried out there against us...maybe the exception is the playoffs. yes the G-men won...but it wasn't as convincing as the series ended up.

This year, with the G's without Watt and Hunt, not sure who really wants to step up to the Giant Killer (Bhungal).

Bruins - P.G. is a pretty good one too...especially when we were the ones to kick them out of the playoffs this year. We don't have Archi and not sure how much Espo will get played...and not sure if Friesen will want to be our 3rd Goalie to drop his mitts.

However...Bruins vs. Kyle Beatch and the Tips. Smuk 2 punching the cry baby into a KO...and then him trying to pick on some of our smaller players until someone stands him up, and he gets hurt...thats a whole lotta fun to watch.

Coyote14
07-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I like the Everett rivalry too. More because it's fun to go to their rink and argue that the Bruins don't still suck after killing penalties. The Smuk knock-out was a huge hi-light of our first season for me though.

Highlander_Yank
07-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I like the Everett rivalry too. More because it's fun to go to their rink and argue that the Bruins don't still suck after killing penalties. The Smuk knock-out was a huge hi-light of our first season for me though.

Shoot, I argue with people in our own barn that the other team doesn't suck after killing off a penalty. I personally would like to see the chant done away with! :rolleyes:

As for the most intense rivalry for Everett, IMO it's Vancouver, but Seattle's always been a strong one as well, and after this last season Chilliwack is moving up there too.

BTW, we had a good time visiting the 'Wack at the end of last season, and we're thinking about taking in another game this coming season ... maybe during the Tips' Eastern Conf swing, we'll see what the possibilities are when the schedule comes out. But we'd definitely get a kick out of making the trip and cheering for the Bruins sometime when the Giants hit town!