PDA

View Full Version : Weise Eyeing Return?

Big Ern
07-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Rumour has it.........

What seemed extremely improbable is now closer to a fact.

Due to the New York Rangers' contract limitations, (and only due to that) Dale Weise will return to the Broncos' roster this coming season.

This is HUGE news for our team. Fingers crossed.....

Thoughts?

Scout
07-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Great news Ern. I realize you and Dale are good friends and you would be one of the first to hear it. This is HUGE for the Broncos. If it does become true then this just made the Broncos a contender. That makes our 20 year olds: Wiese, Yonkman, Dudas, Dansereau, McAvoy and a good chance of Captain Zach Smith returning. A great start for next season. With Wiese returning it is huge for the club. One of the best if not the best defensive forwards in the league. Thats six returning 20 year olds which will not only give them three great 20's but also another three to trade for the future. All i can say is wow. He was the one guy i never thought would come back. This is one time the salary cap worked in our favor and from what i was told ,Dale is pumped to return to Swift Current.

Scout

Offsider
07-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Hope this works out Dale was such a great player to watch one more year would be great . and with him being drafted has something to prove AWESOME !!!!

sbtatter
07-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Great news Ern. I realize you and Dale are good friends and you would be one of the first to hear it. This is HUGE for the Broncos. If it does become true then this just made the Broncos a contender. That makes our 20 year olds: Wiese, Yonkman, Dudas, Dansereau, McAvoy and a good chance of Captain Zach Smith returning. A great start for next season. With Wiese returning it is huge for the club. One of the best if not the best defensive forwards in the league. Thats six returning 20 year olds which will not only give them three great 20's but also another three to trade for the future. All i can say is wow. He was the one guy i never thought would come back. This is one time the salary cap worked in our favor and from what i was told ,Dale is pumped to return to Swift Current.

Scout
Unfortunately for you guys most overagers only bring a mid round draft pick in a trade. I'm amazed the Rangers can't make room for him on their AHL roster, coming back to the dub isn't going to help him develop as much as going to the "A" would.....too bad for Weise.

Scout
07-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Don't feel to bad for Dale. He's pumped as he says coming back to Swift Current and is excited. That good news for the team. He will be a great leader for the younger guys.

Scout

Big Ern
07-09-2008, 11:39 PM
I had a brief chat with Dale Weise tonight from his hometown of Winnipeg. It's safe to say he's had a pretty busy summer getting drafted and all. I can't contain my excitement as I post this!

The New York Rangers have signed more other guys to contracts than first expected, and barring huge trades or happenings, you can add Dale Weise to the 08/09 Swift Current Broncos' roster.

"I am immensely excited to return to Swift Current and be a leader on the team. I feel ready for whatever challenges may be thrown at me this season, and have set the bar very high for myself, including a goal of achieving relatively high offensive numbers," Weise said.

Again, this is big news for the Broncos...getting a key cog like Weise back has got to lighten the load big time for management staff. What it also does is make the Broncos an immediate threat again.

Interesting note: Besides all of the above, Dale Weise is set to take part in a charity game for cancer which will be played in Winnipeg in the near future...he's pretty excited about that. The game will feature players like Dustin Penner, Mike Richards, Colton Orr, Jordan Tootoo, Cam Barker, and Nigel Dawes.

Toswammi
07-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Assuming he comes back i think we can play a little game

What do you think? Over or under 15 penalties for simply being bigger than most of the league.

Chuckles
07-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Well i have to post an over.. i feel bad for the guy he gets penatlies just cause he is so big but would be sweet to have back next year.. But i'm going over there toots :)

Topshelf
07-13-2008, 04:45 PM
If this is the case, please say hi to our new "C" , looking forward to seeing ya back Wiesel