PDA

View Full Version : 16 year olds

Teacher
07-12-2008, 12:53 PM
What 16 year olds will make an impact?
The following are a few I think will be in the B.C. Division.
Kelowna - Spencer Main
Vancouver - Barnett
Kamloops - Ranford
Prince George - Connelly, Hirsche, Bounassisi, McDonald(defense)
Chilliwack - Sundher, Mckinley.

others in the league I think will be Pysyk in Edmonton, Johnson, Peters and Ross in Portland, Wheaton King and Regier in Brandon, Weal in Regina,and Redmond in Red Deer. Any more?

sbtatter
07-12-2008, 02:43 PM
For the Wheaties, Miller, Erdhardt, Regier, Depape and Stone....Wheaton King won"t make the team this year

grainbear
07-12-2008, 04:47 PM
It will be Theriau, Castro if he comes and maybe Renners

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
07-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Watch for Christian Magnus to provide some good puck moving skills for the Broncos this year. Was very impressed with his puck handling abilities at Training Camp last year, should be able to rack up some nice assists.

Toswammi
07-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Watch for Christian Magnus to provide some good puck moving skills for the Broncos this year. Was very impressed with his puck handling abilities at Training Camp last year, should be able to rack up some nice assists.

Also maybe Ernst out of Regina. With a few players vacating spots on our D, there could be room for Taylor to crack the line up and get a regular shift.

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-13-2008, 02:21 PM
For the Blades......

The only 16 year old player(that I have seen play) I think may have an impact is Charles Inglis. The Blades will have a fair amount of rookies fighting for spots in training camp though.

Sabes
07-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Ryan Aasman will play a lot for Prince Albert. I also think Ryan Harrison will make it too. Kid can fly.

MidgetAAA
07-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Mark Pysyk will be the best 16 year old in the dub and will win rookie of the year calling it now

Nature Boy
07-14-2008, 05:20 PM
With Red Deer the best 16yr olds. There might be a few but i will pick. Connor Redmond and Alex Petrovic will be the two best 16yr olds this year for Red Deer.

wardog fan
07-14-2008, 08:26 PM
for the warriors quinton howden and nathen macmaster

wango tango
07-15-2008, 03:06 PM
for saskatoon charles inglis and one of josh nicholls, brett hebel, or jamie crooks.

rednex50
07-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Mark Pysyk will be the best 16 year old in the dub and will win rookie of the year calling it now

No way...Kevin Sundher, barring injury, will be the most watched and scouted 16 this season. As I said, the only way Kevin doesn't win, is by injury.

nivek_wahs
07-19-2008, 11:14 PM
What? No love for Jordan Weal?

Trav
07-20-2008, 12:19 AM
he was a 4th round pick but I bet he'll be one of the top 16 yr old forwards if not the top. No offense to the other highly touted players.

I think Nicholls will be up there to for the Blades. Could put up numbers similar to Curtis Hamilton.

sbtatter
07-20-2008, 10:46 AM
No way...Kevin Sundher, barring injury, will be the most watched and scouted 16 this season. As I said, the only way Kevin doesn't win, is by injury.
DePape, Stone (if the Thrashers let him join Bdn) or Miller will all have a chance at ROTY

Redwic
07-21-2008, 08:37 AM
I think Markus McCrea will be a good contributor as a Left Wing. A few months ago, he was named MVP of the Phoenix Invitational Prospects Tournament. Last season, when Everett OA Clayton Bauer was asked what the team needs to do in the future to be successful, his immediate response was "Put Markus on the first unit power play next year." That is a pretty bold statement from an experienced WHL player.

Another 16-year old Everett player to watch might be Goaltender Kent Simpson. Although most likely the backup goaltender this season, his performances should give decent glimpses of the team's goaltending for the next few seasons.

Tidball
07-26-2008, 04:42 PM
for saskatoon charles inglis and one of josh nicholls, brett hebel, or jamie crooks.

Hebel? I dont think he is quite at Crooks, or Nichols level.

Tidball
07-26-2008, 04:44 PM

Pysyk is gonna be unreal. But its hard for D-men to win Rook of the year. there will be a good young crop this year.