PDA

View Full Version : Rumors brewing...

PLAYER
07-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Y'all need to look at the Kootenay Ice blog... some rumors flying around about PG moving... would like to hear some local input.

Chipper
07-18-2008, 07:44 PM
All I would like to say to the faithful PG fans is that rumors are just that! take them as gossip and just hope that the powers that be can find a way to keep them in current market. no one wants to see any team have to move.

PGFlyfisher
07-19-2008, 10:14 AM
I have to keep the faith and believe we' d still have a WHL franchise here even if the owner wanted to relocate. There have been several offers on the table for the team over the last few years.

And please feel free to correct me if I' m wrong or confirm if it' s true, but it was my understanding that no franchise can relocate until all reasonable avenues and offers have been exhausted. Didn' t Tri Cities just go through this not that long ago? Weren' t the owners basically told to sell and then were granted expansion team ( Chilliwack )?

I would have no problem if Mr. Brodsky wanted to move. After all he is a business man. If the seats are empty, regardless if it' s due to poor management and/or poor fan support, he still needs a profit to make it work. Especially with rising fuel costs these days.
But I would hope the WHL would force him to sell and then grant him an expansion team. Not just outright relocate this team.
There are legit buyers out there. And still some faithful fans as well.

the flying moose
07-24-2008, 01:25 AM
If Brodsky were to sell I would love to see a group of former players come in and buy the team. I heard from somewhere that a group like that had wanted to buy the team before but their offer was turned down.