PDA

View Full Version : Q & A Stefan Elliott

Scout
07-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Stefan Elliott Q and A

Q: What were your thoughts on your personal performance during your rookie 2007/08 season?

SE: I thought that my rookie season was a great learning experience. I felt that I improved throughout the season. It took a little getting used to playing 72 games in a season but it provided me with some insight on how to prepare and what to expect for future seasons.

Q: This season is one where you will be looking to build off of last year’s success and is a huge year for your career with you being draft eligible in 2009. What are your expectations of yourself in 2008/09?

SE: For the 08/09 season I hope to improve my all-around play at both ends of the ice, gain leadership skills, and to help lead and support the team in achieving success.

Q: Do you have any personal goals heading into next year?

SE: Yes, heading into next year I expect to improve on my totals from last year. I also would like to have a stronger presence on the ice and to provide more leadership for my teammates.

Q: What are your expectations of the team in 2008/09?

SE: During the 08/09 season I expect the team to improve over last season and to make the playoffs and hopefully have a long playoff run.

Q: How have you been spending your time this off season?

SE: During the off-season I’ve spent my time training (dryland, on-ice), fulfilling my academic requirements and I spent two weeks in Greece vacationing with my family.

Q: A key component to a player’s success is their summer workout routine. How much time have you been spending in the gym since the season ended?

SE: Once I got back from Saskatoon I took a little bit of time off to rest and recuperate. I started seriously training at the start of May with my trainer and then some on my own. I started consistent ice sessions at around the third week of May and have kept going since then.

Q: Looking back, what were some of your fondest memories from your rookie season in the Western Hockey League?

SE: During my rookie season there were a few fond memories like scoring my first goal, my first fight and many others. I think that my fondest memory though would be the game that we played against the Vancouver Giants. Not only was it a really close and exciting game but it went into 13 rounds of shootout. It’s rare for that to happen let alone be a part of it.

Q: You were recently named, along with teammate Curtis Hamilton, to the try outs for the National Men’s Summer U-18 team set to take place in Slovakia and the Czech Republic. With the team camp set for August 1st to 6th, what experiences are you hoping to gain out of that selection camp?

SE: The U-18 camp should be a very competitive camp with the best players my age. I am hoping to find out where I stand among these players and am hoping that I can have the honour of playing for Team Canada.

Q: You represented Team Pacific at the 2008 World U-17 Hockey Challenge in London, ON. What were your thoughts on that tournament?

SE: I thought that the U-17 tournament was a good experience as I got to play against teams from all around the world. It was also an honour to be chosen to play for Team Pacific. I also thought that we could have placed higher but the bounces just didn’t go our way.

Saskatoon Blades Hockey Club

Scout