PDA

View Full Version : Q & A Curtis Hamilton

Scout
07-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Curtis Hamilton Q and A

Q: What were your thoughts on your personal performance during the 2007/08 season, your rookie campaign?

CH: I thought that my adjustment to the WHL went fairly well. Every player who gets the opportunity to play in this league learns, that it is a very tough league to jump to. With that said I thoroughly enjoyed my rookie season in the WHL.

Q: Being a December born player, you are not eligible to be drafted until 2010. With that said, the upcoming season will be a great opportunity for you to establish yourself as an elite young player in the league. What are your expectations of yourself in 2008/09?

CH: My expectations for the coming season are high. The younger guys on the team will have some big shoes to fill this coming year but I think were up for the challenge. I expect myself to not only raise my point totals, but also bring some knowledge and leadership to the new players this year.

Q: Do you have any personal goals heading into next year?

CH: The most important goal is that our team makes the playoffs. On a personal note, I know my contributions offensively will be important. Being a plus player will also be a very important part of my game.

Q: What are your expectations of the team in 2008/09?

CH: My expectations for our team this year could not be higher. We should be able to finish the season in a good position for our playoff run.

Q: How have you been spending your time this off season?

CH: I have been spending my time this summer working out, skating, and enjoying the nice weather we get in B.C

Q: A key component to a player’s success is their summer workout routine. How much time have you been spending in the gym since the season ended?

CH: I was simply drained when I returned home after the season ended. After some time off I began working out 5 days a week since my training program started in May.

Q: Looking back, what were some of your fondest memories from your rookie season in the Western Hockey League?

CH: Some of my fondest memories from my first year in the WHL would have to be my first goal, playing against the Kelowna Rockets, Our road trips, and everyone I met last year.

Q: You were recently named, along with teammate Stefan Elliott, to the try outs for the National Men’s Summer U-18 team set to take place in Slovakia and the Czech Republic. With the team camp set for August 1st to 6th, what experiences are you hoping to gain out of that selection camp?

CH: Im hoping to make a strong enough impression that the coaching staff picks me to play for Canada. This camp will be the most competetive camp I have participated in. The stakes are high and It should be a great experience.

Q: You grew up a Kelowna fan with your father being involved with the Rockets organization. How did growing up within that organization help you anticipate the commitment and dedication it takes to become a successful hockey player?

CH: I was privileged enough to be apart of the Rockets orginization for a while. I learned so much from the players I met and my Father. If I ever have questions about hockey or the league he is always there for me.

Q: Following last year’s deadline deal that saw Chris Langkow join the Blades, you found new linemates in him and Travis Toomey. What was it about the combination of you three that made each of your second halves so successful?

CH: I believe when Chris was traded to us Travis and myself both found the missing piece we were needing. All three of us bring something different to the table and we feed off each other that way.

Scout