PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stouffer

WorkHorse
07-31-2008, 09:50 AM
Sad news.

The Brandon Wheat Kings are mourning the death of athletic therapist Rob Stouffer. He died Wednesday after a long battle with liver cancer. Stouffer, who turned 40 on Tuesday, is survived by his wife, Maria, and one son, Logan. Stouffer worked with the Wheat Kings from 2000-01 through 2006-07 before having to take a leave of absence because of his health situation. . . . “Rob enjoyed people and he cared about people so I think he was real well suited for the line of work that he chose,” Wheat Kings owner/GM/head coach Kelly McCrimmon told the Brandon Sun. “I know that he had a lot of impact on the players that he was around during his time in our organization, not only in terms of what their immediate needs might be medically, but I think just in terms of being a friend and a person that they could talk to as well. This past year with Rob not working, it was always a pleasure to have him at the rink.” . . . Funeral arrangements are pending.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
07-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Very sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Rob was a good guy and he was passionate and dedicated when he was a member of the Wheat Kings.

Vik
08-05-2008, 10:43 PM
That's terrible. Way too young to go. Hopefully they have something to honor him.