PDA

View Full Version : Highs and Lows

allkiller
04-03-2005, 03:13 PM
In your opinions what were the highs and lows of the Giants season?

Knuckles Muldoon
04-03-2005, 04:56 PM
In your opinions what were the highs and lows of the Giants season?
Good topic! Not in any particular order...
Highs :groovy:
1. The crowds. 8,400 average was great.
2. The playoff crowds. Big and boisterous. The 16,183 was a sight to behold.
3. The comeback in game 3 vs Kelowna. Tremendous.
4. The opening night 6-4 win over Portland. Not necessarily a great game, but with 8,864 fans, and a lot of goals, it was a sign that we may be in for a great year, entertainment-wise.
5. The 5-1 game against Kelowna to end the season.
6. T. Grant punching out that clown, Regina goalie Dustin Slade.
7. The Grant/Trojovsky fight just after the trade deadline. The fight of the year.
8. The goal by Adam Courchaine, flying down the right wing in game 4 vs Kelowna to put us up 1-0 that night.
9. The goal-scoring tear Mitch Bartley was on during the month of January and early February.
10. Goal scored by Courchaine against MH in a 5-2 win here. Scored when a puck came off the back boards to him in the face-off circle and he fired a laser backhand over Nastiuk without stopping the puck. I can't recall ever seeing a goal quite like it.
11.(Extra) The Brad May game. A phenomenal event. The looks on the Giants faces that day was PRICELESS. Courchaine following Linden around like a puppy dog was hilarious. Jennings stopping Bertuzzi on a breakaway. Jennings falling down and face-planting when Ryan Smyth came in on a breakaway. Brad May pinning Jason Reese's face up along the glass and just holding him there, both laughing. That was an unforgettable day and a brilliant event!

Lows :(
1. Watching the season end with 16,183 in the stands. It hurt.
2. Fistric breaking his jaw for the second time. Scary stuff.
3. Losing 7-5 at home to Portland after having a 4-2 lead early in the third. At that point it was confirmed that defensively the team was in big trouble without Fisty.
4. Any of the home shutouts that Seattle laid on us. Embarrasing to play a team 3 times at home and have ZERO goals to show for it.
5. Trading Kassian away. And the loss of this will be even worse next season.
6. The 4-3 loss to Kelowna earlier in the year when leading 3-1 late in the third. Plenty of psychological damage done to the team that night.
7. The lazy play by Meszaros in the last minute of the second period of game 4 where he casually backhanded the puck around the boards blindly. Palin picked it up, fired it and Keller deflected it in. The series was never the same after that. IMO, the turning point of the series.
8. Chad Scharff being cross-checked from behind into the boards by Reid Jorgensen in game on Dec.11. He didn't move for a while and I was fearing the worst.
9. Game 2 overtime against Kelowna. The Giants had tons of point-blank chances only to have Howarth stuff a cheap one in at the side of the net. What if???
10. Going 1 win and 5 losses against Portland after owning their asses last year. Proof that the team had slipped.

Am I missing anything?

Kassian
04-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Great list Knuckles!

The only thing I can add:

When Watt broke the glass with a check during the Portland game.

As good as the Grant and Trojovsky fight was, the fight of the year was Kassian beating Maxwell, IMO. Both scraps were great though.

C.F
04-03-2005, 06:31 PM
That list sums up how most Giants fans would feel. Great list.

I'd like to add that taking all but 1 point vs the Silvertips this year was a great feeling, and they were the best games in the regular season if you ask me(despite their boring style).

The ultimate high was Bartley scoring in game 3 to make it 3-2. I honestly thought after that goal that the Giants would win the series. :(

Beaner
04-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Great list, the only thing I would add was the Hit that Meszaros laid on that kid from Everett who's name I can't remember.

Kassian
04-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Great list, the only thing I would add was the Hit that Meszaros laid on that kid from Everett who's name I can't remember.

I'm pretty sure that was Wuchterl.

C.F
04-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Great list, the only thing I would add was the Hit that Meszaros laid on that kid from Everett who's name I can't remember.Man, that was a nice hit! One of the best I've ever seen in a long time. I remember, all the Tips fans in my section were all freaking out asking for a call. I felt like telling them it was 100% clean, but they were pretty drunk. I completley forgot about that hit.

rinkrat
04-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Gilbert Brule scores hat trick in the prospects game!
He stole the show and made Sindy look like a fool.haha