PDA

View Full Version : Highs and Lows

allkiller
04-03-2005, 03:14 PM
What were the Highs and Lows of the Blazers season this year???

Jew Panda
04-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Positives:

- Goaltender has somewhat improved from the season before
- Maniago seems he will be a contributing WHL goaltender
- Kris Hogg has shown that he can add depth scoring in back-to-back seasons
- Ray Macias continues to be an offensive scoring threat, despite inconsistently doing so

Negatives:

- Roman Tesliuk seemed to have taken a step back, as far as development goes
- Lost too many key players via trades to compete in the B.C. division for 1st
- Prospects aren't overly impressive and the young players on the team appear to be moving slowly development-wise

Resolutions:

- Must get rid of the Dean Clark regime, as it has proven to be unsuccessful
- Work around the young players, unload the older ones and set-up for the future
- Expanding on my last comment, perhaps the Blazers won't be as competetive as the fans would like next season, but give it time and good things will come, look at Calgary
- We must use the import draft to our fullest advantage, Jasovksy? What the hell is that? At one time, we had three first-round draft picks, greatly in part thanks to the import draft

scamperdog
04-03-2005, 06:09 PM
I agree with most of what you say althought I think we got better with the trades made, I do hope we can improve the imports for next year, goaltending got better as the year went on, up until christmas I wanted Dubnyk traded, as for Clark since he stepped down from coaching I think things hav improved although I think we could do better in the head coach department, next year has promise if we can add some goal scoring, we are still young and the future is bright for a change.