PDA

View Full Version : Carter Ashton Makes Under 18 Team

HURRICANE'S ROCK
08-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Great news for Carter. He did not have a great season here last year but his play late in the year really picked up. I think people will be surprised to see how good he will be this year, barring another injury of course. He will be our number two center and will get about 20 - 30 = 50 points at least.

grainbear
08-06-2008, 05:45 PM
I notice that Carter has put on 30 lbs and gained a 1 1/2 inches from last season. Opposition get ready to get pushed off the puck and to lose the one on one battles as this man takes on some of the boys, Good job Carter , and can,t wait for training camp as we are now about 3 weeks away,

canes77
08-08-2008, 03:48 AM
I noticed that too, over 200 pounds now!!...I felt his only weakness last spring was his lack of size (muscle-wise, not height-wise of course) so to see that he has bulked up over the past few months is good news! I see him not only a top 6 forward but as our #1 center alongside Boychuk...as that is what Stasiuk hinted at in the spring. Not only is it his draft year, but playing for Team Canada should give him confidence to start off the season strong here in Leth as opposed to his unfortunate injury last fall.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
08-10-2008, 02:15 PM
I noticed that too, over 200 pounds now!!...I felt his only weakness last spring was his lack of size (muscle-wise, not height-wise of course) so to see that he has bulked up over the past few months is good news! I see him not only a top 6 forward but as our #1 center alongside Boychuk...as that is what Stasiuk hinted at in the spring. Not only is it his draft year, but playing for Team Canada should give him confidence to start off the season strong here in Leth as opposed to his unfortunate injury last fall.

I don't know about full time first line duty. If we are going to win the Mem Cup we need a great, top notch top line. I would like to see Boychuk, Sceviour and King together. You need balance also so I am not sure the 3 will be together. I can see Roy bringing in a top notch 20 year old center. Ashton will get some topline time and some quality PP time, but full time first line? He will have to really improve a lot for that to happen.

sbtatter
08-10-2008, 08:16 PM
If we are going to win the Mem Cup we need to figure out how to beat the Wheaties this season, not going to be the same as last season.

Fixed your quote for you ;)

canes77
08-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Fixed your quote for you ;)

You are prob right...the Wheaties will be our toughest competition in the Eastern Conference :D

sbtatter
08-11-2008, 07:15 AM
You are prob right...the Wheaties will be our toughest competition in the Eastern Conference :D
Touche!!
Let's hope we don't meet in the 1st round again this year!!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
08-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Lets' hope we meet Brandon in the Eastern conference final. Schenn is tearing up the under 18 tourney exhibition games. The top team in the league I think will be Spokane again as they return most of there team. Good thing they are in the west.

sbtatter
08-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Lets' hope we meet Brandon in the Eastern conference final. Schenn is tearing up the under 18 tourney exhibition games. The top team in the league I think will be Spokane again as they return most of there team. Good thing they are in the west.
Be interesting to see how Spokane fare this year, hope they suffer from a Mem cup hangover!!!!