PDA

View Full Version : Damien Ketlo?

Stamps1
08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Think this guy is gonna make the team this year? any shot at gettin drafted in the NHL this year?

Seen him play in Major Midget, great kid...kinda reminds me of Carey Price in terms of STYLE

thoughts?

Fight Guy
08-07-2008, 06:43 PM
It's tough to say. The Pats have a bundle of good goaltenders coming up. With Rowatt and Bocsh playing great last season, and Tedler waiting to make the team as well, could see one of the four goalies get traded before the beginning of the season. Bosch proved himself last season and Rowatt last seasons number one, the Pats could stick with the two, or they could make way to develop another youngster. Could see Rowatt or Bosch get dealt in the next while me thinks.

Stamps1
08-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I kno this kid is good....he needs the playin time in the Dub tho

I heard rumours PG might be tryin to snag him in a deal, after all they did use him as a backup in the playoffs...with the Pats permission

nivek_wahs
08-07-2008, 08:14 PM
I heard rumours PG might be tryin to snag him in a deal, after all they did use him as a backup in the playoffs...with the Pats permissionPrince George used him as a back-up in the playoffs? I don't think that was possible as the Cougars didn't make the playoffs.

Stamps1
08-07-2008, 11:31 PM
er not playoffs

i mean
http://whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1005130

CJSenterprise4
08-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Rowat get traded... I believe in Bosch and Ketlo very much. Need to get a Top Line Centre to play with Eberle

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-23-2008, 03:23 AM
Rowat get traded... I believe in Bosch and Ketlo very much. Need to get a Top Line Centre to play with Eberle

Who knows? Weal could turn out to be that guy. If he doesnt fit the bill, and Rowat doesnt surprise people before the deadline, then perhaps rosie could be traded for a #1 center.

Besides, he is the safe choice to start for the first half of the season, instead of some rookie. Even though he wasnt great in the playoffs last year, Rowat is still without a doubt the best goalie we got at the moment.

As for the guy who gets the #2 position, its all going to be depending on camp performances. The way I see it, unless there are any huge surprises, Rowat will take the top position, and one of Bosch or Ketlo will take the number 2 position, with the one that doesnt make the team getting traded. Tendler would then be in the minors since Bosch and Ketlo are both dub ready, while Tendler could still play in the minors without taking a step back in his development.

Keep in mind the Ketlo is a '91 birth and Bosch is a '90. If Ketlo is on the same page as Bosch in development then perhaps Ketlo should stay instead. Ketlo didnt play in the same caliber of league, but he played alot more games than Bosch did.

Of course if Rowat gets traded, tendler moves up to the backup and #2 slides to starter. That would only be if Bosch or Ketlo is ready to start/Rowat ****s the bed.

witness
08-23-2008, 12:21 PM
I don't think that Rowatt is on the block. But, Bosch and Ketlo are. Ideally you want at least a two year gap between goaltenders. If Rowatt is the #1 then you would be looking for a 17 year old or a 16 year old for a back up. The Pats have increditable depth in this position (a 19, 18, 17 & 16 year old). There are teams that are despirately looking. I think Parker will be looking to stock up on a few 19 year olds.

Buldog
08-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Rowat doesnt surprise people before the deadline, then perhaps rosie could be traded for a #1 center.

Trading Linden Rowat for a #1 centre at the deadline makes no sense...prospects are what usually gets moved not a roster player.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Trading Linden Rowat for a #1 centre at the deadline makes no sense...prospects are what usually gets moved not a roster player.

Uh ya it does. Not every trade is game breaker for prospect. Sometimes contending teams swap assets to improve both teams. SC and Calgary did that too, as did the pats and vancouver.

As for this year, look at brandon. They are stacked upfront, and all they are missing is a higher caliber tender (and a top defenceman but thats another story). We have an excess of goaltenders and are lacking at forward....a trade could very well happen.

I doubt Brandon would mind parting with a skilled forward(specifically a center), something they have alot of... in exchange for a top goalie, something they have none of. Same could be said for Kelowna...both those teams are looking to be contending teams that will probably need goaltending.

A goaltender of Rowat's caliber could probably fetch a guy like Cody Almond, or Matt Lowry (brandon fans may disagree, but if Caligiuri doesnt exponentially improve, there isnt much else to look for a top goaltender aside from a couple OA goalies that might not be traded at all.). That and it would be killing two birds with one stone since Rowat usually plays his (seemingly) rarely seen A-game against the Wheaties.

But that assuming he gets traded at all. Its all going to depend on how ready the other guys are.

sbtatter
08-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Uh ya it does. Not every trade is game breaker for prospect. Sometimes contending teams swap assets to improve both teams. SC and Calgary did that too, as did the pats and vancouver.

As for this year, look at brandon. They are stacked upfront, and all they are missing is a higher caliber tender (and a top defenceman but thats another story). We have an excess of goaltenders and are lacking at forward....a trade could very well happen.

I doubt Brandon would mind parting with a skilled forward(specifically a center), something they have alot of... in exchange for a top goalie, something they have none of. Same could be said for Kelowna...both those teams are looking to be contending teams that will probably need goaltending.

A goaltender of Rowat's caliber could probably fetch a guy like Cody Almond, or Matt Lowry (brandon fans may disagree, but if Caligiuri doesnt exponentially improve, there isnt much else to look for a top goaltender aside from a couple OA goalies that might not be traded at all.). That and it would be killing two birds with one stone since Rowat usually plays his (seemingly) rarely seen A-game against the Wheaties.

But that assuming he gets traded at all. Its all going to depend on how ready the other guys are. Be tough to trade Lowry away for a goalie who isn't a playoff winning goalie

patsrock83
08-24-2008, 08:04 PM
In regards to our goaltending situation i cant say much about ketlo as i havnt really seen him play but i have been to training camp this weekend a couple days and i can say i have not been impressed with damien. Bosch and Tendler have been the two guys to me that stand out the most with rowat not doing to much but i hear he was pretty impressive today. i would go with this i dont know if anyone would agree but.

1.Rowat
2.bosch
3.Tendler
4.Ketlo(trade him lol)

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Be tough to trade Lowry away for a goalie who isn't a playoff winning goalie

He won a playoff series in 2006-07. He hasnt exactly been Dustin Tokarski, but technically he is a playoff winning goalie.

Either way, I would consider him a big upgrade from Joe C. And he was named goaltender of the east conf last year as an 18 year old. Surely that puts some value on his name. His only problem is consistancy, and a change of scenary could very well change that.

And Lowry is an OA. Rowat for Lowry is more than fair.

sbtatter
08-24-2008, 10:27 PM
He won a playoff series in 2006-07. He hasnt exactly been Dustin Tokarski, but technically he is a playoff winning goalie.

Either way, I would consider him a big upgrade from Joe C. And he was named goaltender of the east conf last year as an 18 year old. Surely that puts some value on his name. His only problem is consistancy, and a change of scenary could very well change that.

And Lowry is an OA. Rowat for Lowry is more than fair.
Fair for Regina!! Not so fair at this end, Lowry fights, scores and hits, plays PP and PK, I wouldn't trade him for Rowat, who is not a big enough upgrade to warrant the cost (especially to a divisional rival!).

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Fair for Regina!! Not so fair at this end, Lowry fights, scores and hits, plays PP and PK, I wouldn't trade him for Rowat, who is not a big enough upgrade to warrant the cost (especially to a divisional rival!).You have a point on the division rival thing...though the chances of facing a team from another division in the first round are just as high as facing a divisional team.

You also kind of overestimate Lowrys value. Top OAs like Yellowhorn of last year and a guy like Andrew Clark this year wouldnt go for any higher than a 3rd pick. To give you an example, Yellowhorn at 19 and another player together went for a first rounder. A guy like Lowry is probably worth a 4th round pick, which is not more than value of an above average 19 year old goaltender, especially if there arent many top goaltenders available to trade.

Personally I feel Brandon would be better off upgrading goal even if they have to sacrifice a good offensive player like Lowry. After all, Brandon has guys like Mayorov, Lewadniuk, Fehr, Green and Clark (probably more too) to pick up the slack (with the kid line doing alot of work too of course). The offence wouldnt suffer as much as the defence would improve.

And obviously the Pats would benefit if they got a player like Lowry on their team, but it would depend how far along our unnamed backup would be. Of course nobody is in a rush to trade anyone, but if it looks like a trade would be best for both teams I could see something like this happen.

But thats just an opinion.

CJSenterprise4
08-26-2008, 12:19 AM
If i remember correctly he was one of the guys going to the Oil Kings for Robin Figren so if they were going to trade him last year they must feel he is the worst of the goalies or just the odd man out

witness
08-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Not the worst. Might be the odd man out because of his age. He has some trade value. There are a lot of teams out there that are looking for a 17 year old back up with the potential to be #1 before the year is done.