PDA

View Full Version : Leading Scorers

howley
08-11-2008, 02:51 PM
What are your thoughts on this years' point totals.
Give your top 5

Derek Hulak - 60-70 pts

Colton Gillies 55-65 pts (if he returns...is he traded - exhibit A - Setoguchi? Probably miss a few games to start the season, gone for WJ's...average around a point per game)

Stefan Elliot 50-60 pts

Jyri Niemi - 45-55 pts (questionable for wj's, left off roster last year)

Curtis Hamilton - 45-55 pts

PJ-34
08-11-2008, 04:14 PM
I can't say I'm anything more than excited about Elliot's and Hamilton's stats last year, for them to be making those plays is awesome, Blades are getting better baby.

Trav
08-11-2008, 05:01 PM
if he returns cuz they could have a pretty good team but it's to bad they didn't trade him last year because what if he doesn't return? now maybe teams weren't offering the Blades an Elliot type player and a first round bantam pick but I'm sure they could've gotten something good but oh well.

I'm hoping Kytnar comes in and is able to show his scoring touch like he did back in Europe. He's projected to be on the first line so his stats should be among the top if he shows he can be on the first line all year long. He's the guy I'll have my eye on in camp as well as Josh Nicholls who apparently looked pretty good in the prospects camp awhile back.

wango tango
08-12-2008, 11:35 AM
gillies is a big maybe to return. i'd be pleasantly surprised if he did.

hulak has to have a big year.

kytnar needs to breakout.

hamilton, toomey, and langkow need to takeup where they left off at the end of last year.

elliot has to have a big year.

niemi needs to stay healthy and improve on his point totals.

rookies like inglis, nicholls, gallimore, chikie, crooks, and b. sutter should push vets on the bubble to perform better or lose their roster spot.

bladesruke
08-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Predictions on point totals hey hmm let me project the lines first.....

Hulak Kytnar 20 year old
Langkow Toomey Hamilton
Reich Patterson Sokol
Gallimore Inglis Dzurzynski

Niemi Zahn
Elliott Klassen
Funk Joe

Holtby
Krahn

Extras
Berg
Sohn
Nichols

Point totals
1. Toomey 72
2. Hulak 69
3. Langkow 68
4.20 year old 63
5. Niemi 60
6. Hamilton 59
7. Kytnar 55
8. Elliott 48

bladesruke
08-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Toomey is a stud ,mark my words he will lead this team. He go's hard to the net isn't afraid of anyone skates well and was racking up the points in the second half of last season .