PDA

View Full Version : Injuries......Already!

Shinyshoes
08-20-2008, 11:43 AM
According to the Red Deer Advocate, (http://www.albertalocalnews.com/reddeeradvocate/sports/hockey/New_look_ahead_for_Rebels.html) The rebels are already suffering from some injuries.

The following players will not be taking part in Training camp scrimmages:
Luke Egener (shoulder) - Out Till the last Preseason game (sept 13)
Brandon Sutter (wisdom teeth) - Out till (if) he is back from The Hurricanes camp
Joel Kot (back) - Out till Mid-October
James Reimer (ankle) - Not Expected Back anyhow....(is this the same ankle that plauged him last season?)

I hope its not going to be one of THOSE years....

SectionNDeserter
08-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Luke Egener (shoulder) - Out Till the last Preseason game (sept 13)This should improve our blueline in the preseason, and give some young guy who is less error-prone the opportunity to easily take his place on the roster.

Brandon Sutter (wisdom teeth) - Out till (if) he is back from The Hurricanes campShouldn't affect the regular season, and wisdom teeth are not really an injury--at least not one that is going to affect his play long-term.

Joel Kot (back) - Out till Mid-OctoberI think that this one was pretty much a given.

James Reimer (ankle) - Not Expected Back anyhow....(is this the same ankle that plauged him last season?)I think that they have already made provisions and/or accepted that he won't be back anyways.

First thing I thought of when you posted this was that it was going to be Ferraro. :(

rdreb
08-20-2008, 01:14 PM
It is like beating vci33 with this Egener

SectionNDeserter
08-20-2008, 02:44 PM
It is like beating vci33 with this EgenerIf you look at that horse, it moves a little bit sometimes, I think it is still alive!

RebelsFan
08-20-2008, 03:13 PM
I mentioned last fall before camp that I thought Kot was too small and his conditioning wasn't good enough to play defence every night at this level. I hope for but doubt, if he does come back, that we will ever see the level of play we saw when he came up at the end of the season as a 16 year old.

You would think Brandon would want to get on the ice a bit but not risk injury prior to going to his NHL camp. Maybe he will practice after camp but not see any scrimmage or exhibition game action.

Egener being out, as SectionN says, actually makes us stronger on the back end.

RDRebelsfan
08-20-2008, 06:24 PM
And so it begins!

And I'm with SND here, Egener is not worthy of a 20 year old spot on the team we got. Unless he somehow proves us wrong.

tiny
08-20-2008, 10:01 PM
I would be quite interested in your replacement for Egener. The "D" I hope/expect to see include Archer, Weller, Kivisto, Morin, Petrovic, Perrault, and Egener(when healthy).

I wish Kot all the luck in the world but I will have to see him with the team before I count on him.

I would not be surprised at all if Egener was traded before the end of the trade deadline if a contender needed depth.

As far as "a 20y old spot", until we trade/pick someone up, do we need a 20y spot?

rdreb
08-21-2008, 01:35 AM
Everone saya we are giong to be young agian,lets be young do we realy need a 20year old d-man? vc124

SectionNDeserter
08-21-2008, 07:13 AM
I would be quite interested in your replacement for Egener.We already have Kivisto, Morin, Archer, Weller, Petrovic, and either Perreault or Willfong all but penciled in (And Scarborough in there somewhere still), and if need be a defensive centerman in Brennan Wray that can play back there. A lot of the teams already have their overage players in place, and I think that we could see a few 'Chad Scharff' scenarios materializing where a good overage player like that becomes expendable with the return of a star player from the NHL ranks.

As far as "a 20y old spot", until we trade/pick someone up, do we need a 20y spot?We do seem to have enough defensemen right now, and it seems to me that we have a LOT of forwards returning, as well as a bunch that should crack the lineup this season. Add to that, training camp is just starting today, and this doesn't even include anyone that might turn some heads there. A team's overage players need to lead the team on the scoreboard, with sound defensive play or with strong physical play and a willingness to stick up for their teammates--not with costly turnovers. I say cut Egener loose, give a few of the younger guys some more ice time and see what we need closer to the deadline.

snapshot
08-21-2008, 07:32 PM
I mentioned last fall before camp that I thought Kot was too small and his conditioning wasn't good enough to play defence every night at this level. I hope for but doubt, if he does come back, that we will ever see the level of play we saw when he came up at the end of the season as a 16 year old.
Kot didn't look 1/2 so bad at the beginning of the season racking up 10 points in 20 games. At that pace he could of been a 35 pt getter.

RebelsFan
08-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Absolutely agree with you. Unfortunately, he came in to camp in bad shape and proceeded to get hurt. He is too small to not be in top shape every time he hits the ice. His conditioning has to be top level or he will get hurt again. As I said before, I hope he can come back and show the magic he had in the playoffs as a 16 year old. I just don't have a lot of confidence in it.

loudi94
08-23-2008, 08:22 AM
Will Deagle make the team this year?

SectionNDeserter
08-23-2008, 08:53 AM
There is only a few spots on the blueline up for grabs, and I feel that there were a few guys like Alex Petrovic, Kevin Woodyatt, and Dominic Perreault that have had a better camp overall than him so far (as well as a couple of the '93s like Pufahl). Still a few days left, and a few black and white games for him to show what he has got.