PDA

View Full Version : Congrats are in order

Scout
08-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Hey Big Ern. Rumors are abound that you have been asked and have accepted to be the P.A. announcer for The Swift Current Home Hardware AAA Midget Legionnaires hockey team for the upcoming season. If so and it is true, congrats. Like we discussed last year, everything is attainable if you go in with a never give up attitude. Congrats buddy.

Scout applause applause yeehoo

Bocephus
08-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Awesome. Will this increase or decrease your travel plans for the year Ern?

Big Ern
08-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Wow Scout....aren't you some genius at sniffing out the news? lol It is in fact true, and I was more than thrilled to accept the offer from Legionnaires GM Jim Dekowny. It's a big step up from Pee-Wee last year, and doing this stuff is really a lifelong dream of mine. Thanks for the support Scout.

Bocephus...I discussed that exact point with the Legionnaires and surprisingly, it will not effect my travel plans for Broncos hockey at all. Seems like almost every time the Legionnaires play, the Broncos have a break. And for the few times I am absent, they will gladly get someone to fill in. So see you in Lethbridge, or Calgary! :)

Bocephus
08-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Wow Scout....aren't you some genius at sniffing out the news? lol It is in fact true, and I was more than thrilled to accept the offer from Legionnaires GM Jim Dekowny. It's a big step up from Pee-Wee last year, and doing this stuff is really a lifelong dream of mine. Thanks for the support Scout.

Bocephus...I discussed that exact point with the Legionnaires and surprisingly, it will not effect my travel plans for Broncos hockey at all. Seems like almost every time the Legionnaires play, the Broncos have a break. And for the few times I am absent, they will gladly get someone to fill in. So see you in Lethbridge, or Calgary! :)
You can count on it.

CrazyGeorge
08-23-2008, 05:40 PM
What about Quarter Pounder? Wasn't he doing Legionaiire games?

d-man
08-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Congrats Ern! Since were on the topic any word on who the Broncos PA announcer will be this year? Last year it was split between Ken and Gordie. Is there one full time person this season and with Ken leaving radio does that change him doing the PA duties?

Big Ern
08-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Congrats Ern! Since were on the topic any word on who the Broncos PA announcer will be this year? Last year it was split between Ken and Gordie. Is there one full time person this season and with Ken leaving radio does that change him doing the PA duties?

That is a good question. Ken and Geordie will again share the PA duties for the Broncos. Ken leaving radio will not effect it.