PDA

View Full Version : Black/White Game Notes

Big Ern
08-25-2008, 06:34 PM
We are set to commence with the action here at Credit Union I-Plex. A few brief notes on the game will be posted following the contest.

The roster for the game, by the way, is as follows:

Number-Player/Age

TEAM BLACK

1-Travis Yonkman/20
35-Austin Smith/15

2-David Greyeyes/17
3-Zach Habscheid/16
5-Jordan Evans/16
7-Jonathon Lashyn/16
10-Christian Magnus/16
12-Mike Brown/18
14-Andy Blanke/16
15-Oliver Jokel/17
16-Nico DiGiovannantonio/15
17-Michael Hay/16
18-Josh Derko/15
19-Clayton Chingee/15
21-Codey Eakin/17
23-Dale Weise/20
24-Derek Claffey/19
25-Brandon Bruce/15
29-Rodger Craig/17
33-Brendan Ritchie/16
36-Nathan Zimbaluk/15

TEAM WHITE

30-Mark Guggenberger/19
31-Chad Ketting/17

2-Eric Doyle/19
3-Graeme Craig/15
4-James Martin/17
6-Allistair Chapman/16
7-Reece Scarlett/15
10-Adam Lowry/15
12-Michael Lazo/15
14-Preston Amundson/15
16-Matt Tassone-19
17-Jordan Peddle/17
18-Geordie Wudrick/18
19-Taylor Vause/17
20-Dillon Wagner/17
23-Andrew Sullivan/16
25-Keegan Dansereau/20
26-Grant Toulmin/19
27-Blaze Bruyer/17
33-Taylor Ernst/16
36-Brody Luhning/16

That's all for now...warmup just underway! Bring it to the rink!!!

Sent via PDA on the 1X Network.

CrazyGeorge
08-25-2008, 11:00 PM
With 48 players in camp right now, how many will be left for preseason, about 30 or so eh? I noticed on the list from Big Ern (thanks for the list by the way), a fair bit of 15 year olds. How many 15's will stay on for some preseason games before being sent to their midget teams?

Speaking of the game, how was it? Who stood out? Who may crack the lineup that wasn't on the team last year, not just rookies? Curious how the game went.

Big Ern
08-25-2008, 11:18 PM
I will have to quote someone tonight to start off the recap.....I try hard to be original in my writings and make up my own stuff, but here goes:

"That was a no hitter."

That's a sentence I heard tonight from a very avid, supportive Bronco fan and billet of two players. The reality is, the statement was so true. One would expect to see a lot more intensity than was on the ice tonight, in a situation where guys are going at it trying to make the team.....trying to avoid popping the bubble they are on, if you will. How about a thundering hit...perhaps a good tilt just for the fun of it?

Still, hockey is hockey. It feels very good to be out there in the stands again, watching the game even though it's around 30 degrees outside.

A few quick points on the rookies...the good points only...of course from my perspective. PLEASE feel free to add with a reply.

GOALIES

Chad Ketting...lights out. This goalie is amazing.

Austin Smith...only 15, but shows promise.

DEFENSE:

David Greyeyes...looked very respectable out there tonight. Took control and was responsible defensively.

Zach Habscheid...I think it's safe to say Zach REALLY stepped up from what he was doing the first day of camp....maybe some nerves that first day? But seemingly not anymore...this kid was aware tonight and going pretty hard...even dished out a hit or two.

Greame Craig...the younger Craig player who the Broncos picked this year shows a lot of potential. At 15, he is seemingly everywhere on the ice.

James Martin...getting better every time he's out there, really. Is he a lock to make the team? We'll see.

Allistair Chapman...this kid works hard. A lot of guys advance because of their strong work ethic. Write it down.

Reece Scarlett...one can definitely see why the Broncos would draft him in the first round. Hockey sense.

FORWARDS:

Christian Magnus...must be getting quite close to cracking the roster. Again, here's a kid that's seemingly everywhere on the ice, and knows where to be at what time.

Oliver Jokel...the new Euro is catching some eyes out there...very good skater.

Rodger Craig...pretty good forward...nose for the net with size to his credit.

Jordan Peddle...looks like a pure goal scorer. Will he be back with the Legionnaires? At 17, he could crack the Bronco roster....

Taylor Vause...wow, what a player. Performed well in playoffs last year with the ice time he got. Taylor has a great wristshot....we saw his offensive abilities utilized tonight for sure.

Dillon Wagner...does not take a shift off. At 17, he will get a long look too.

I can't wait to be in St. Albert Saturday night and see what management has come up with after making more cuts. It must be tough to be a GM with young talent like this and limited available spots. This time of year is exciting! Full trust in our management and scouting staff though....they will do the right things I'm sure.

Next is the trek to Edmonton. Long, but worth the drive. The trip will be nicely split in half....a stop in Calgary for Friday night will do that. It should be fun.

Look for info from Edmonton on www.whlfans.ca. My PC is definitely going with me.

Have a great week! :)

NOTE: One player who could not take part in any action since Friday who you may have missed, is Joel Rogers. Rog will no doubt see an increased role this season, but is currently sitting out due to a slight injury. He should be good to go in Edmonton next weekend.

CrazyGeorge
08-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Does that now leave us with 37 players (20 forwards/13 defensemen/ 4 goalies)? The list of forwards I have (took the list of players Big Ern has before the game then minused the players he provided from the release list)....

Forwards:
Wudrick, Eakin, Weise, Dalecky, Tassone, Dansereau, Dowling, Magnus, Jokel, Hoban, Vause, Brown, Hay, Wagner, Toulmin, Craig (Roger), Peddle, Bruyer, Blanke, Riche

Defense:
Dudas, Molle, Doyle, Claffey, McAvoy, Rogers, Martin, Greyeyes, Chapman, Habscheid, Lashyn, Evans, Scarlett

Goalies:
Yonkman, Guggenberger, Ketting, Smith

Big Ern
08-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Just quoting Scout from the other thread:

BRONCOS RE-ASSIGN 13 PLAYERS

Following the game, the Broncos re-assigned 13 players, including 15 year olds: Josh Derko (LW), Michael Lazo (LW), Nicco Digiovannantonio (C), Adam Lowry (C), Preston Amundson (C), Clayton Chingee (RW), Nathan Zimbaluk (LD), Graeme Craig (RD), and Brandon Bruce (RW). The 16 year olds are: Brendan Ritchie (D), Taylor Ernst (D), Brody Luhning (D) and Andrew Sullivan (F).

CrazyGeorge
08-26-2008, 11:41 AM
I recounted and I have 36...doesn't really matter at this point. When is the next cuts going to occur?